LeeBottom damaged by tornado

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

SteveF

LeeBottom damaged by tornado

Post by SteveF »

This is information I just saw on the National Aeronca Association website.

From a member, Nathan Hammond, on the website:

Reports are coming in slow; but LeeBottom took one on the chin. Took the roof off the house, hangar, and shop. Ginger and the animals are all okay, Rich is on his way home from NYC. If you enjoyed any of his flyins or Sunday ice cream days, nows a good time to pay it forward/back. They can use some help getting everything coved and protected.

I'm heading out in the morning with tools, chainsaw, generator, trailer and 4wheeler. Seeya there.

nkh
GAHorn

Re: LeeBottom damaged by tornado

Post by GAHorn »

The nightly news was being watched by myself and Jamie when the news helicopter was showing video of damaged areas.... and LO!... the camera zoomed in on the "Lee Bottom" sign on one of the bldgs...which clearly was a hangar. No sign of any aircraft could be seen. Hope to make Lee Bottom some day...If I was nearby I'd volunteer to help out. :(
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

Paulding County airport in NW Georgia is still closed due to tornado damage this weekend. This is in President jwild's neck of the woods, but not his airport. I've emailed him but no reply yet. I did get a reply from a cousin in the area and no damage at his place in Powder Springs, closer to Atlanta. I still say that large concentrations of aluminum (airports and trailer parks) attract tornadoes...

http://www.wsbtv.com/gallery/news/local ... G/#1332978
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
Bill Hart

Post by Bill Hart »

cessna170bdriver wrote:Paulding County airport in NW Georgia is still closed due to tornado damage this weekend. This is in President jwild's neck of the woods, but not his airport. I've emailed him but no reply yet. I did get a reply from a cousin in the area and no damage at his place in Powder Springs, closer to Atlanta. I still say that large concentrations of aluminum (airports and trailer parks) attract tornadoes...

http://www.wsbtv.com/gallery/news/local ... G/#1332978
A couple of weeks ago we had some high winds that caused one of the hangars under construction to collapse at Paulding as well resulting in workers being severely injured.
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

I got an email from Jim Wildharber, and even though he is only 18nm from Paulding County Airport, all is well with his family, home and airplane. :D
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne