Instrument panel change

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

c170b53

Instrument panel change

Post by c170b53 »

I have installed a Avion panel under the impression that it was STC'd for a 170. In fact it is not and must be installed via 337. Unfortunately that doesn't work in Canada and a one off will be required. It may be cheaper and quicker to install H.D's kit which is STC'd. Does Harry's STC come as a kit and any comments on the installation would be appreciated.
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

I believe Delickers panel is STCd and comes as a kit and includes the "U" yoke.
BL
dkalwishky

Post by dkalwishky »

c170b53; do you have a website for phone number ofr delickers? I did a search but could not find anything.
jon s blocker

panel

Post by jon s blocker »

Del Air, 559-784-9440. Harry usually gets in about 9:30, but his helpers are there earlier. I have one of his panels with the STC and the Y yoke. I am just in the process of fitting it and have alot of work to do on it, only because I opted not to have any holes cut in it by Del Air. This way everything in the panel is custom fit. The blank panel is a good fit and the STC leaves you with several options as to what and how you arrange your instruments. There is also a choice of control Y yokes to make. I would recommend his panel and STC to anyone thinking of replacing their old panel.
Jon
dkalwishky

Post by dkalwishky »

Oh Harry, I know of him. I actually purchased a baggage door STC from him for my 172 and I've spoken to him about a taildragger conversion.

I just called him, he is going to mail me some information on the panel and send me a picture of an installed one. The guy is super nice to talk to, I've really enjoyed the few talks I have had with him.

Do you have a picture of your new panel in your plane you could send me so I can see what it looks like?

My e-mail is dave@kalwishky.com

Thanks! :D