Any Florida club members ?

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

dunlaps3

Any Florida club members ?

Post by dunlaps3 »

are there any florida club members who could provide a place for me to stay for a few days in december ? You wouldn't have to entertain me, just a place to sleep . I could repay the favor by sharing my home in minnesota , even let you fly my 170B with 220 HP Franklin on floats all around our lakes area . Hope this doesn't sound weird or too cheap , but hotels at $150 a night are hard to take. Andrew
Kyle Wolfe

Post by Kyle Wolfe »

I'd gladly trade a few days for some float time! Stop by ourplace anytime. It's not Fla but it is SOUTHERN :wink: Minnesota! We're already warmer than the Brainerd area.........heh, heh, heh

Do you know Jim Hancock out of South Saint Paul? He's got a pretty blue and silver 170 on amphibs.

Next time I"m in the northland, I've got to look you up. You've always got a place to stay in S. MN. We're only a mile from the OWA airport. Holler anytime.
Kyle
54 B N1932C
57 BMW Isetta
Best original 170B - Dearborn, MI 2005
Curtis Brown

Post by Curtis Brown »

Andrew,
I am in Tupelo, Ms (TUP) about 775 miles from you and pretty much on course for Florida. If you need an overnight in my area I have a room.
Where in Florida are you planned to go?
]
Just let me know.
Curtis
1950 A model 1256D
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Andrew...check out the Membership Directory, and after each member-name of those willing to HOST a travelling fellow-member...you'll find an "(H)"..... just like mine and Jamie's membership listings! :wink:
(And some of us are on our own strips.)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Bill Hart

Post by Bill Hart »

What part of Fla are you going? I have a place on a runway in south Ga.
dunlaps3

Post by dunlaps3 »

thanks for the response so far. I should say that we ( wife , 12yr old son , & I ) are going to Florida for a week vacation . I wish was going in my 170 , but the other two members want to get there in 4 hrs not 2 days ! We go to florida just to explore and get out of the cold for a week . I just thought it might be fun to meet other club members to have a place to stay and maybe see some local things. Then if they ever want to come to central minnesota , I can return the favor . Good idea on the member directory , I see about 15 members are listed as possible hosts . maybe I can try calling a few as I would think not too many look at the forums on a regular basis . thanks again , Andrew