WTB 170B

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Jon Stark

WTB 170B

Post by Jon Stark »

Hope you don't mind me posting a request here for a search. I haven't joined as I haven't yet found a 170.

Looking for a clean B with minimal radios and possible high time engine. Have plans for both over time if the right a/c comes along. Would like 180 gear but not mandatory at this time. Promise to join the assn if and when I find a 170!

thx!
jon
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

There's a 53 B model for sale in GA News,looks like an Idaho phone number. 208-659-7985 jheggen@salmoninternet.com
5022 TT,1580 SMOH,$32K
Pretty high engine time,but fairly low price to match.

Eric
GAHorn

Re: WTB 170B

Post by GAHorn »

Jon Stark wrote:Hope you don't mind me posting a request here for a search. I haven't joined as I haven't yet found a 170.

Looking for a clean B with minimal radios and possible high time engine. Have plans for both over time if the right a/c comes along. Would like 180 gear but not mandatory at this time. Promise to join the assn if and when I find a 170!

thx!
jon
One of the BEST reasons to join,...is because you are looking! The Int'l Cessna 170 Assoc. is the official club for 170 owners, and has the most qualified owners and ist's publications are the most likely source of ads regarding airplanes that have been cared for by fellow members, which will assist you in finding a good airplane.
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

I joined the Assn back in 97 when I decided I wanted a 170. The Assn convention that year was in Everett Washington,about a half hour flight or a 2-1/2 hour drive/ferry ride. I managed to con a buddy into flying us over there in his 180,so I could meet some 170'ers and look for one for sale. Wouldn't ya know it,the only day we could both go turned out to be the day of the big poker-run fly-out! Curses! Even so,I met a few 170 folks & saw several nice 170's. I finally found & bought my trusty ragwing about 3 months later.

Eric
N1277D

Re: Idaho C170B for Sale

Post by N1277D »

That aircraft listed for sale is based in Salmon Idaho. The owner has maintained it well. We flew together, two 170s up to Alaska a couple of years ago. His 170B flew well and had no problems. The owner is the head Idaho Fish and Game person in the Wilderness area and has flown that 170B into most of Idaho's Backcountry strips. It is a straight airframe and it may not last long on the "for sale market".