Cessna 170 Ride

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

PlaneCrazy

Cessna 170 Ride

Post by PlaneCrazy »

I'm looking to purchase a C-170A/B and was curious if anyone knew of one located near KFFC or KCCO? I wanted to see if I could go for a short flight to see how she feels before I buy one. Be happy to buy lunch and pay for gas! Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. Fly Safe! Mark Ritchey
jrenwick

Re: Cessna 170 Ride

Post by jrenwick »

PlaneCrazy wrote:I'm looking to purchase a C-170A/B and was curious if anyone knew of one located near KFFC or KCCO? I wanted to see if I could go for a short flight to see how she feels before I buy one. Be happy to buy lunch and pay for gas! Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. Fly Safe! Mark Ritchey
For the curious: these airports are southwest of Atlanta, underlying the Class B airspace.
John Renwick
Minneapolis, MN
Former owner, '55 C-170B, N4401B
'42 J-3 Cub, N62088
'50 Swift GC-1B, N2431B, Oshkosh 2009 Outstanding Swift Award, 2016 Best Continuously Maintained Swift
Bill Hart

Post by Bill Hart »

I keep mine at CCO and would be willing to take you up. There is also a beautiful 170 rag wing there and I believe a B model as well.
KG

Post by KG »

Mine is normally at OPN, Thomaston, but is out for some maintenance for the next couple of weeks, at least. If you don't get a ride before then, look me up. Keith Getz
53 170B
DWood

Post by DWood »

Mark:
I have a 48 Rag Wing at Newnan KCCO. Let me know if you want a ride.
Dan
Bill Hart

Post by Bill Hart »

Dan,

I saw you out flying this past Sunday. Nice ride!
DWood

Post by DWood »

Bill:
Thanks and yell at me next time you're are out there. Rome flyin is this Saturday and if the wx is ok, i plan to head up there. Keith, you and I need to be flying the 170's together.
Dan
KG

Post by KG »

Bill and Dan....Yeah, to live a stone's throw from you guys it sure has been hard to coordinate the schedules. I had an upgrade or two I wanted for the plane and a couple of maintenance issues to address so I used that as an excuse to fly to Mena, AR a couple of weeks ago. Del is furiously working on it as I type. I'll let you guys know as soon as I get it back and we'll put together a lunch run somewhere. See you soon. Keith
53 170B
Bill Hart

Post by Bill Hart »

Sounds like a trip to Peach State is in order
Zreyn

Post by Zreyn »

Hi Planecrazy,
I am based in Senoia which is about 6 air miles from Falcon Field. I would like to sell my airplane(see my add in the trademart)so after reading the add if you want to call me or email me I could meet you at Falcon,maybe on the day when everyone else is gonna show up at Peach State for a several hundred dollar lunch. :D & you could get a ride in an unmodefied 170 on the same day & get a real time comparison.
Do unto others............
PlaneCrazy

Post by PlaneCrazy »

Thanks very much for the offers...I'm heading out on a 3 day trip 3/12-3/14 then off to the Aviation Expo in LAS for a week. I will get back to you guys the week of March 22nd and see what we can work out. Thanks again for your responses I do appreciate it.

Fly Safe....Mark