SKYCATCHEL moder 162 Rittre Blothel or Rittre Sistel? :ror:

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

MoonlightVFR

SKYCATCHEL moder 162 Rittre Blothel or Rittre Sistel? :ror:

Post by MoonlightVFR »

You have all probably seen the promos

The model designation is 162 . Fits between 152 and 172. So is it to be known as a little brother or little sister to the model 170?

I have seen a prototype painted w maroon lower front and white in rear fuselage area. Nose wheel pant is maroon and the photographer's angle seems to allow one to think . Wouldn't this A/C make a very nice looking TAILDRAGGER ?

They have not delivered the first A/C so why am I thinking TAILDRAGGER?

Am I the only one?
:lol:
Regards :lol: :lol:
gradyb, '54 B N2890C
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

It's neither a brother or a sister in my opinion. If you even consider it part of the family it's obvious it was adopted.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

I agree with Bruce. And it's gonna be put together in china! No thanks.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
jwmcgu

Post by jwmcgu »

Amen, I totally agree with you George.

N2488D...American made 170
N2255D

Post by N2255D »

George, it'll give you something to work on with your chinese tools. :lol:
Walt Weaver
Spencer Airport (NC35)
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

MEBE HE KIN USE THEM UTHER TOOLS WITH CRAK CASES TU FIXES IT :lol: :lol:
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
c170b53

Post by c170b53 »

All they have to do is line up the holes and pins and be careful to not use too much glue.
KMac

Post by KMac »

What a disappointment! A lead cessna built in china.
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

I've been led to understand that Harbor Freight Tools is going to be the primary dealership throughout the USA. They are to be a catalog only item and some assembly will be required. They will also be able to supply the necessary tools for assembly.
BL
hilltop170

Post by hilltop170 »

Will batteries be included?
Richard Pulley
2014-2016 TIC170A Past President
1951 170A, N1715D, s/n 20158, O-300D
Owned from 1973 to 1984.
Bought again in 2006 after 22 years.
It's not for sale!
dacker

Post by dacker »

The CEO of Cessna has published a letter addressing the manufacture of components of the Skycatcher in China. As they say... "its just bidness...".

I guess Cessna corporation, in all of its glory, would not be able to manufacture a small airplane and make it affordable (relative term) otherwise.

There has been a lot of negative things said about the Skycatcher, I for one, think that it is a neat modern small GA airplane and admire any manufacturer that can introduce a new model in today's litigous environment. I hope that the skies will be filled with millions of modern small GA airplanes so that we can someday move away from the restrictive attitudes of people that perceive airplanes as dangerous little expensive toys, to acceptance as another legitimate means of transportation. But that may be asking for too much, afterall airplanes have only been around for a little over one hundred years. But, I guess I am preaching to the choir.
David
Jr.CubBuilder

Post by Jr.CubBuilder »

Isn't everything made in China now?
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Cessna was the leader of the bandwagon that insisted on liability-limits on mfr'rs so they could start making airplanes again. Now they just don't want U.S. workers to make them. :evil:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
flat country pilot

Post by flat country pilot »

Too many Americans put price before quality. :cry: This is sad because it drives our manufacturing overseas and quality almost always suffers.

So many products are not available with "Made in the USA" on them. I try to buy USA manufactured products but they sometimes just are not available.

I am overhauling a JD corn planter this winter and decided to buy everything from the local JD dealer rather than aftermarket catalogs, and this does cost a bit more. The opener discs have a JD yellow paper sticker that states "Made in the USA". On the other side of the disc stamped into the steel is "Made in Spain". What a dissapointment.

Cessna is no different, they are just trying to survive the American culture that right now wants price first and quality second. :?

Bill
Flat Country Pilot
Farm Field PVT
54 C170B
3958v

Post by 3958v »

The thing I find troubling is when the corporate executives claim not to be able to afford american labor while at the same time paying them selves salaries and benifits that are far exceding the rates of inflation. Their personal tax rates should be based on the difference between the lowest paid employees and the highest in their corporations. Bill K
Polished 48 170 Cat 22 JD 620 & Pug