Auto gas STC

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Lee

Auto gas STC

Post by Lee »

Anybody have preferences as to who to obtain this STC from? TNX R/Lee
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Lee

I prefer to support the EAA but someone has to support Peterson who has also has done some good work. If the price is the same then flip a coin.

The EAA will be lobbying to make sure you CAN GET mogas without ethanol to use with the STC. Not sure what if anything Peterson is doing but he does have the most current up to date info on his web site about ethanol.

I'll have more info from a conversation I just had with an EAA rep as soon as I have time to post it.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
Lee

Auto Gas

Post by Lee »

Hi ... I decided to go with EAA because I am a member and the price was/is the same. I called Velvet and she thought most members had gone the EAA route. Thanks for the information ... R/Lee
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

Many, many years ago when the auto fuel STCs came out, I chose Peterson because they specified either leaded or unleaded auto fuel.
At that time we were still using leaded "regular", and unleaded was more expensive.
EAA was sponsered by AMOCO whose "regular" was unleaded so their STC specified unleaded fuel only
AMOCO did not market their products here in California
Heaven forbid that you should think that many of us were using mogas prior to the sale of the STCs. Especially the AG operators and patroller pirates.
BL