Folding Rear Seats

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Watkinsnv

Folding Rear Seats

Post by Watkinsnv »

Looks like I'm about to brake down and purchase a new pair of Altee Dodge folding rear seats for $1475.00 W/STC SA02008AK for the Cessna 170B. I Emailed Univair and they replied saying while they have purchased the product from Altee Dodge they have not added to thier inventory yet, and directed me to Altee Dodge. That was nice of them. So now I'll install the folding seats, install the baggage door and start to look at getting a field approval for an extended baggage compartment. I think thats the best way to go. Has anyone done this before? I got the 337 from the 170 clubs list of 337's. But I may just wing it and build my own. Lance
170C

extended baggage

Post by 170C »

It would be interesting to see some photos of the extended baggage compartment, its cost, dimensions, weight limitations and number of hours required to install. Is it the same unit as C-172 Hawk XP's use that leave room under it for the battery?

Let's see, if I had an extended baggage compartment in mine, how much more "stuff" could we pack in there for convention trips, etc? :roll:
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
cessna170bdriver

Re: extended baggage

Post by cessna170bdriver »

170C wrote:It would be interesting to see some photos of the extended baggage compartment, its cost, dimensions, weight limitations and number of hours required to install. Is it the same unit as C-172 Hawk XP's use that leave room under it for the battery?

Let's see, if I had an extended baggage compartment in mine, how much more "stuff" could we pack in there for convention trips, etc? :roll:
And if trim drag is why OLE POKEY is so pokey, it would speed you up a mph or 2. :lol:

Miles
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
dacker

Post by dacker »

Selkirk has an STC'd extended baggage for the B models, won't work on '48s or A models because opf the flap cables going down the middle. Google Selkirk Aviation, I installed the fiberglass interior and really like it.
David
170C

Ext Baggage

Post by 170C »

Well Miles if I put in this ext baggage deal, picked up 2 mph & gave Becky more room for stuff, we'd both be happy. :wink: I better get me one. Hope the overhaul is proceeding OK. Gotta get that done so you can break it in going to Kelowna!

See Ya!
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
cessna170bdriver

Re: Ext Baggage

Post by cessna170bdriver »

170C wrote:Well Miles if I put in this ext baggage deal, picked up 2 mph & gave Becky more room for stuff, we'd both be happy. :wink: I better get me one. Hope the overhaul is proceeding OK. Gotta get that done so you can break it in going to Kelowna!

See Ya!
Hopefully it will well broken in by the time Kelowna comes around! My AI is making room in his shop as I write. I'll probably get the rods on the crank this weekend, then I'm dead in the water, STILL waiting on the hardware and through-bolt kits ordered from Premium Aircraft Parts to be drop shipped from Continental. :evil:

Miles
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
N3243A

Re: Ext Baggage

Post by N3243A »

cessna170bdriver wrote:[I'll probably get the rods on the crank this weekend, then I'm dead in the water, STILL waiting on the hardware and through-bolt kits ordered from Premium Aircraft Parts to be drop shipped from Continental. :evil:

Miles
Miles, how long have you been waiting for Continental to ship? What is your anticipated schedule for completion?

Bruce
Watkinsnv

Seat Installation

Post by Watkinsnv »

Well I got a package from Alaska! and it had a F. Atlee Dodge Hat and Tee shirt in it. How cool is that? 8) Oh there was also two folding rear seats in there. Holy cow what a lot of hardware this installation has all kinds of brackets and floor channels washers, rivets, screws and nuts. I pulled the plane into my hangar at work and got a two day jump on it kind of. Should finish it up on Sunday. We are in for a big storm this weekend anyway, mite as well be indoors working on the plane. That was one heck of an expensive hat and Tee shirt. 8O Must be the freight all the way from Alaska. :roll: Lance
N2865C

Re: Seat Installation

Post by N2865C »

Watkinsnv wrote:Well I got a package from Alaska! and it had a F. Atlee Dodge Hat and Tee shirt in it. How cool is that? 8) Lance
Nice product, I wish I had them. $1600 for a pair of beach chairs on steroids..... I think they should throw in the pants as well :) .
John
N2865C
"The only stupid question is one that wasn't asked"