1952 C170B Gascolator Base

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

jodomat

1952 C170B Gascolator Base

Post by jodomat »

Where can I find a Gascolator base. I dropped mine while replacing the o-ring in the valve. I still have the glass bowl, and gasket intact. however the pot metal base was cracked and rendered unusable. I would prefer using the original style rather than switching to the newer all metal version.

Thanks in advance.

Joe
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Hmmmmn. Seems our club Historian had a few of those lying around his hangar. (Of course, he also has a few disassembled 170s lying around too. Maybe he needs them all. But you might contact him. He's listed in the directory.)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
jodomat

Gascolator Base

Post by jodomat »

Thanks for the quick response to my query. I have a local possibility, and if that doesn't pan out, I'll be sure and contact the Club Historian. Unfortunately I'm in the middle of a move, and the directory got packed away by my ambitious wife.

Joe
briancbaker

Post by briancbaker »

The directory is available on-line in the members only section.
Blue Skies!!

Brian Baker
jodomat

Gascolator Base

Post by jodomat »

Thanks for the reply briancbaker. I'm moving from Gulf Breeze Fl; to Rocky Mount Virginia (about 40 miles south of Roanoke). We'll have to keep in touch, and meet somewhere and compare 170's. I was able to find the replacement part locally.

Joe
CraigH

Post by CraigH »

The pot-metal base broke on mine as well while we were installing a new quickdrain. I've bought the bullet and purchased on of the Steve's Aircraft machined aluminum models. Had one on my PA22 and it worked great. Will be listing the glass bowl for sale as soon as I'm able to make the switch if anyone is interested.
Craig Helm
Graham, TX (KRPH)
2000 RV-4
ex-owner 1956 Cessna 170B N3477D, now CF-DLR