Installing MP3 Player / Cell Phone

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

Blueldr that actually happens on my screen every once in awhile also. Probably about every 5th time. I have to scroll right and then back to the left as you do. Have no ideal why!
doug8082a

Post by doug8082a »

I find this problem when someone has posted a picture that will not fit on the screen. Because the image is too wide, it causes you to scroll side to side to see the entire image.

One option might be to change your screen resolution from, say 800x600 to 1024x768 (which is what I use). The print is smaller, but more information is able to fit the screen and reduces a lot of those problems.

My $.02
Doug
briancbaker

XM Radio

Post by briancbaker »

Hey Folks! Early on in this thread Russ mentioned that he was using XM radio and loves it. I just got the "go anywhere" XM MyFi unit for Christmas and I have to echo what Russ said.

The really cool thing for me is that the MyFI is completely portable so I take from the car to the plane to headphones in the FBO (just about anywhere that the sat signal doesn't get completely blocked). It even has the ability to record up to 5 hours of content for playback when you can't get a sat signal. I've also tried MP3 players, but I found I didn't have a whole lot of time to mess with collecting different MP3s and downloading them to the player, etc.... With XM you just pick what kind of music you're in the mood for at the time and they mix it up for you.

I also had the problems with MP3 players not really being loud enough when patched into an aircraft intercomm system, the MyFI must have a more power because I don't have that issue and don't need any type of booster. I probably sound like an XM salesmen or something, but I'm just really impressed. And let me tell you, listening to music while flying circles and looking at cars (I fly traffic watch) can sure make the hours go by. :D
Blue Skies!!

Brian Baker
N2865C

Post by N2865C »

I got an X-M MyFI recently as well. Form home stereo to the car to the beach to the airplane with no hassle. I record new music every night so I don't have to mess with the external antennas in the plane or car. I love it.
John
N2865C
"The only stupid question is one that wasn't asked"
Bill Hart

Post by Bill Hart »

I have never been able to get a very good signal in the airplane. Does the ACSpruce device have a signal amplifier in it?