Rudder pedal protectors

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

flyguy

PROFILE INFO

Post by flyguy »

Bruce,

The information in the "profile" section of this forum is just as open the the world as putting it in a posted message. If access to private e-mail addresses in this web-site was limited to "C170 Association members" then I would have less of a "problem" with that. I have my "directory" close at hand all the time and if I need to see if a member has an e-mail address or phone number listed, that is where I go. The same applies to those that I want to call me or send me a message. I ask them to look up my name, phone number and e-mail in that book. I figure if they don't have a membership directory, then cest' la vie.

As to the sheet metal rudder pedal protector WOW! WHAT A REVEALIN NAME! IMA SPECT THAT WHEN I COVER THE RUDDERS I AIM TO LET THE BIRD SIT A WHILE AN HOPE TU KEEP MOUSES AN VARMINTS FRUM ROOSTIN THERE. THE ZACT NAME SHUD BE- - -" HARD TU TAKE OUT AN PUT IN CONTRARY LITTLE COVERS THAT ARE UNNER THE RUDDER PEDALS TU KEEP STUFF FROM FALLIN INNA HOLE UNNER THE RUDDER-OPERATIN SHAF BEHINE THEM THAR RUDDER PEDALS! :roll:

In my experience they can't be installed without slicing a finger, scratching the paint or deforming the little buggers. If someone wants to make them out of softer material it probably work some better but a two-piece replacement would be lots easier to install.
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
dacker

Post by dacker »

Gar you have a point about those confounded rudder pedal thingies. I didn't have any when I bought my 170, so I found a used pair and put them on. I have since spent probably 5 hours on my belly with a mirror, light and magnet fishing crap that I dropped out of there. :roll:
David