Keeping in Touch with Friends

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

flyguy

Keeping in Touch with Friends

Post by flyguy »

I have a concern for our associaton in general. I know we are a far-flung group but I feel some of us as area reps and members with ( those "low" numbers) should attempt to do a little better job of keeping in touch. This is especially important for those of our "family" who are the widows or widowers. Some of these people are still active in the association.

Just last month, on April 21, one of our sweethearts, Jeanette Taylor passed away. Velvet had sent out an alert to some of us but it didn't get to us in time to call or get a message to her in time. Today I received a letter from her son, Thomas Taylor, thanking me for the letter I had written encouraging her to "Get Well Soon". He said he was so sorry that she never got to read it.

We are all getting a little greyer around the temples and our forgetters work lots better than our rememberers. Most of us live near to one of one or more of these dear friends so let's not let any of them, our family, slip through the cracks.

Here on this forum is a place we can sorta start a process that will keep tabs on each other and let the group know if there is an illness in the family (or a death) and advise others in a timely fashion so that we can send cards or personal messages.

Comments? Suggestions?
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!