170s

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

flying_eth

170s

Post by flying_eth »

My brother and I are lookin to buy a 170. We'd like to use it to travel around, build a little time, and a little minor off-airport work every once since we're in AK (once we get it setup) We're lookin at these two right now, what does everyone think?

[deleted hypertext link]
[deleted hypertext link]
Cheers,
Jon[/url]
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

Which two?
auxtank

Post by auxtank »

Flying_eth–––I think you meant:

[deleted link] and

[deleted link]
Why did the prop on (the plane at the first link) have a
Recent pitch/track check and return to service.
???

Gordon Sandy
1948 Ragwing
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Hello, "flying_eth"
Just happened to notice that you're new to these forums. Welcome!
I'd encourage you to familiarize yourself with our forum rules which are meant to provide a happy welcome and a useful discussion place for anyone interested in Cessna 170s and flying in general.
One of our rules is that only members of The Int'l Cessna 170 Association (TIC170A) may advertise here for free. This is because our members support this website with their dues, and it's not in the best interests of TIC170A to provide free advertising to non-membrs. (Consider: How would anyone know that you're not actually one of the sellers of one or both of these airplanes to which you've linked your message? If that were the case, then you'd have violated and "worked around" the rules.) 8O
If you have an airplane or two you're interested in, and if they have issues that concern you,...then simply list the issue and ask your concerns ...without giving free advertising to commercial websites at our non-profit website, please.
(Also, keep in mind that you may be discussing an airplane belonging to one of our own members. Please be tactful when discussing particular airplanes.)
Thank you for understanding why I've deleted the specific URLs in question, and feel free to bring up specific issues about any airplanes or ask our members for their advice, and please join in with us in enjoying the hobby.
George Horn
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

ERIC -
I'd encourage you to familiarize yourself with our forum rules
keep in mind that you may be discussing an airplane belonging to one of our own members. Please be tactful when discussing particular airplanes.
DAVE
doug8082a

Post by doug8082a »

Whatsamatta? Too many 'turbocharger' comments? :lol:
Doug