One little, Two little, Three little Indians....

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

One little, Two little, Three little Indians....

Post by GAHorn »

Joe's always pickin' on us down here in Austin, but notice that's where these little indians may be found....
http://www.indianchiefsforsale.com/index.htm
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
N2865C

Post by N2865C »

gahorn wrote:The idea of a calendar has been proposed to the Board several times and each time has been voted down for various reasons. The next meeting is in February in San Antonio as posted in the Flypaper, should you wish to make another proposal.
If we had 170 calenders similar to the calenders they have, I don't think there would be any problem selling them :D !
John
N2865C
"The only stupid question is one that wasn't asked"
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

Austin Has Some Nice Scenery! 8) Prefer natural myself though! :D
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

Pretty nice-- I'd love to have one of those! The bikes ain't bad either! However, I think that guy did a disservice to the bikes by choosing the colors he used, IMHO they'd look better in more original colors/schemes.
I've been to a couple of fly-in's at a Seattle-area airpark (where Dave Clark used to live) where there were a lot of old cars & some old bikes in attendance along with the airplanes. I was pleased to see what must have been some members of a local Indian owner's club there with several Chiefs & at least one Scout. Way cool!
Another fly-in I went to (Forks) last year had a Harley 45 on dissplay, When I looked at the engine s/n, I noticed it was off a ServiCar three-wheeler. (Remember the old meter-maid & delivery trikes?) It had the transmission (3 speed -- plus reverse!) to go along with it.

Eric
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

If you are a real motorcycle nut, and if you enjoy a really good belly-laugh...PM me with your email address or better yet email me...and I'll send you a copy of one of the funniest stories I've ever read about a guy who hunts down, finds, and buys/tries to operate a genuine antique. It's a shame this isn't an airplane story or I'd violate the rules and post it anyway, dang the copyright laws. :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)