Any landing you can walk away from...........

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

N2865C

Any landing you can walk away from...........

Post by N2865C »

Story of a 170 that went down yesterday.
http://www.glenwoodindependent.com/arti ... /110240007
170C

Crashed 170A

Post by 170C »

Hate to see one of the 170's end up like this one (hate to see any plane end up this way), but glad to hear the pilot escaped with what sounded like minor injuries. Don't like hearing the fire dept "cut" the wings off. They should have had a recovery service go remove the wings & maybe save one of them.
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

They should have bulldozed the house away from the airplane. :lol:
Seriously, it's good it turned out like it did! (And I'm glad no one seemed to make too outrageous statements to the media. Mr. Wilson responded very appropriately, I thought.)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

gahorn wrote: (And I'm glad no one seemed to make too outrageous statements to the media. Mr. Wilson responded very appropriately, I thought.)
We had a Lancair belly it in at my airport a month or two ago. Several of my friends were involved in getting it off the runway. This took a couple hours to get the people & equipment rounded up and the wounded airplane into a hangar.
Well, wouldn't ya know it-- a reporter for the local newspaper happened upon the scene about half-way thru the recovery. The next day,there was a picture in the paper of several people (easily recognizable) & a forklift as well as the bellied-in airplane. The caption read "none of the people working on clearing theairplane off the runway would give their names or say what happened." Probably the best thing they coulda done, in those circumstances.

Eric