hangar floor

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

lbgjb

hangar floor

Post by lbgjb »

i'm going to either paint my hangar floor or use one of the new products that covers old concrete. There are unlimited color and design choices which just adds to confusion. Anyone seen any 'great' floors or have suggestions. thanks. larry b lbgjb@gnt 3488D
Tom Downey

Post by Tom Downey »

Tom Downey A&P-IA
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

The photo's of the floors sure look great. I see that there's no info on the website re: coverage (gallons/square feet) or pricing, only a quote request form. Have you used this stuff, Tom? What kinda costs are involved for say a thousand sq foot hangar floor? And what kinda special prep & application methods?

Eric
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Rustoleum has an epoxy concrete garage/hangar floor covering that looks good, and will cover/seal cracks etc as well. Available at Home Depot and other such places.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Tom Downey

Post by Tom Downey »

Spill a little paint on it see if you can get it off.
Tom Downey A&P-IA
Tom Downey

Post by Tom Downey »

zero.one.victor wrote:The photo's of the floors sure look great. I see that there's no info on the website re: coverage (gallons/square feet) or pricing, only a quote request form. Have you used this stuff, Tom? What kinda costs are involved for say a thousand sq foot hangar floor? And what kinda special prep & application methods?

Eric
Fill out the form and ask.
Tom Downey A&P-IA