Found on another forum: A little humor....I think?

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Found on another forum: A little humor....I think?

Post by GAHorn »

Changing Lite Bulbs
How many addicts of the internet forums is it necessary to change an electric light bulb?
1 to change the light bulb and write to say that the light bulb in question has been changed.. 14 to say that they also changed a light bulb one day and to evoke the various manners to make it.. 7 to warn dangers to change a light bulb.. 27 to indicate the spelling mistakes in messages concerning the change of an electric light bulb.. 53 to abuse the correcters of spelling mistakes.. 41 to correct those who abuse the correcters of spelling mistakes.. 6 to discuss that it is necessary to say ' electric light bulb ' or 'lamp'. 6 to consider the 6 precedents of clamped by the bottom.. 2 professionals of the industry to say that the correct term is 'incadescent light bulb'.. 15 know-it-all who pretend to have been in the industry and that to say ' electric light bulb ' is perfectly correct.. 109 to indicate that this forum does not concern the electric light bulbs and that, please, to discuss that on the forum ' electric light bulbs '.. 111 to defend the subject because everybody uses an electric light bulb thus the aforementioned subject has its place here.. 306 to discuss to know the best technique to change a light bulb, where to buy the best electric light bulbs, which brand is the best adapted to this technique and which it is necessary to avoid.. 27 to send url where we can discover the various electric light bulbs.. 40 to say that they do not trust in an electric light bulb and who give links for pseudo-scientific sites which claim to know alternative solutions to produce some light.. 12 to indicate that the right for the light is not in the constitution.. 1 army retiree who used to be in a special elite group changing light bulbs very efficiently.. 12 more to agree that they don't make lght bulbs as they used to be.. 1 to send the photo of an electric light bulb and other one of a type which looks like an electric light bulb. 14 to indicate that the indicated url contains errors and send the maids.. 1 to say that he replaced his light bulbs by fluorescent lamps and that, he rarely changes his electric light bulbs.. 12 to say that they drop the forum because they understand nothing in the debate concerning the electric light bulbs.. 4 to say that is needed a FAQ concerning the electric light bulbs. 44 to ask for what is a 'FAQ'.. 13 to say that in any well held house, there should be candles somewhere, in case a light bulb would roast. 5 to say that they do not use electric light bulbs, only candles.. 4 to ask ' didn't we already talked of that here not such a long time ago? ' 143 to advise to make a search about the electric light bulbs with Google before launching a discussion concerning the electric light bulbs.. 1 b*****d to answer the first message 6 months later and relaunch everything
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
jrenwick

Light bulbs

Post by jrenwick »

This is good! But it there's always one more poster who brings up Hitler and the Nazis, signaling the end of the thread. (Godwin's law: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law ) :lol:

Observant mathematicians will see lurking in the above post a proof, by induction, that it takes an infinite number of internet addicts to change a light bulb. :wink:

Happy [wheel] Landings,

John
John Renwick
Minneapolis, MN
Former owner, '55 C-170B, N4401B
'42 J-3 Cub, N62088
'50 Swift GC-1B, N2431B, Oshkosh 2009 Outstanding Swift Award, 2016 Best Continuously Maintained Swift
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

So I use MOGAS 100% of the time that I land with Full flaps on my SOLID axles. And most times I mix MMO in the MOGAS just for fun. I fly with my window open so I don't need CO detection all the will my back seat is removed and there is NO paperwoek to cover it. I've got the fastest A model cause it's got dihederal and B model flaps. I'm reinstalling them Goodyear breaks and crosswind landing gear and who needs P-ponk mods when you can just weld them gear legs in. Oh yea I'm gonna finally cure that tailwheel steering by gettin rid of that no good Scott 3200 tailwheel and installing a Maule. And one last thing, The best thing I've found for removing the bugs from my wing leading edge is the air passing over the wing on the next flight. Who cares about squashed bugs anyway :!:

Let the responses fly :twisted:

PS I always 3 point my landings unless I do a wheel landing.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Bruce, there's a reason they clipped the wings off your Cub! Careful, or we're gonna do the same thing to your Cessna! :lol:
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
flyguy

its lite bub stoopid

Post by flyguy »

FER DEM IDJITS THAS A TRI IN TU TOLE US CAJUNS BOUT SCREWIN IN BUBS DOANT THEY NO ITS ALLUS BIN SED - - "LITE BUBS"?

BI DE WAY I GOTS A HOT WATER HEETER FER SALE. YEW KIN TAKE HOT WATER AN HEET IT TO SUMPIN FIERCE HOT. COARSE IFN U CAINT GIT HOT WATER TU START U KIN PUT IN COALD AN ITSA GONNA TAKE LITTL MORE LONG TU GIT IT HOT. THEN U POUR IT BAK IN AN IT GITS SUM HOTTER KWIKER :roll:

PURTY SOON IMA GONNA PUT ALLU THU STUFF I HAVE - - DOWN WHER GAY HORN ISA TRI IN TU PUT HISSN. XCEP OLE BILLY BOB HE DIED AN I DOANT HAVE NO PUP TU TAKE HIS PLACE YET BUT I GOTS A TRAKTER, BOUT FOUR OR THREE AIRPLANES AND FIVE BOATS AND SIX CARS AN TEN TRUKS AN A FOUR WHEELER AN SUM GUNS :twisted:

PEE ESS: PROLLY WON'T HAVE ROOM TU PUT MESSAGES IN IF I PUT ALLU STUFF IN THERE
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
C170BDan

Here we go...

Post by C170BDan »

Bruce... man that is FUNNY! :lol: This forums discussions from the last 6 months all summed up in one short paragraph!! A few things that I do in addition to what you listed... I put Marvel Mystery oil in my gas AND oil... use recapped tires... buy my aircraft parts from NAPA Airmotive... use ANY frequency as an air-to-air to talk to all my friends... ELT batteries? 8O What ELT?

This could go on and on... and boy this could REALLY get some pilots fired up!
Dan
1956 170B N3467D
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

C170BDan wrote:... buy my aircraft parts from NAPA Airmotive... use ANY frequency as an air-to-air to talk to all my friends...up!
My only guestion to you is why you go all the way to NAPA for the quality parts when I'm sure the local WallyMart has an Aeromotive department and if your talkin air to air you must have one of those useful load stealing radios installed.
gahorn wrote:Bruce, there's a reason they clipped the wings off your Cub! Careful, or we're gonna do the same thing to your Cessna! :lol:
Good another undocumented change I'm sure. And my aircraft records to this date are so clean they sqeak when I move them. :wink:
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
GAHorn

Re: Here we go...

Post by GAHorn »

C170BDan wrote:Bruce... man that is FUNNY! :lol: This forums discussions from the last 6 months all summed up in one short paragraph!! A few things that I do in addition to what you listed... I put Marvel Mystery oil in my gas AND oil... use recapped tires... buy my aircraft parts from NAPA Airmotive... use ANY frequency as an air-to-air to talk to all my friends... ELT batteries? 8O What ELT?

This could go on and on... and boy this could REALLY get some pilots fired up!
Which reminds me, Tractor Supply has gone up on their 4509 Tung Sol bulbs!! It's cheaper to buy genuine GE's outta Trade-A-Plane now! :evil:
Why give all them Chinese our jobs if their gonna charge the same as we do ourselves? I'd rather keep Ole GAR's neighbors employed (so at least they don't have time to break in and steal his stuff before he can give it to me!) :lol: