New 170A Owner

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

rupertjl

New 170A Owner

Post by rupertjl »

deleted
Last edited by rupertjl on Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
LouLaSalle

Post by LouLaSalle »

Welcome Judd! Isn't flying a taildragger interesting. Timely stabs at the individual brake, can go along way to preventing groundloops. Keep your feet moving on the rudders.
Lou La Salle
N2485D
Elephant Path, Pa. (PS03)
rudymantel

Post by rudymantel »

Congratulations and welcome aboard !
That's what makes a 170 so much more interesting than a boring old tri-gear - I wish you many happy landings in your 170 !
Rudy
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Join the Int'l Cessna 170 Association! @ headquarters@cessna170.org Welcome aboard!!!
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
rupertjl

Post by rupertjl »

Well after my required ten hours for insurance, my instructor (also my cousin) signed me off in 9191A. It was a great pleasure to fly the ol' girl myself finally. I'd have to say it was almost as exciting as my first solo. Owning your own aircraft, especially a 170, is a very rewarding experience! Just thought I'd share my excitement!

v/r,
Jud
Last edited by rupertjl on Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LouLaSalle

Post by LouLaSalle »

Jud,

It is, and good luck with your Baby. I know kentmoor and Tangier island must be beckoning!

lou
Lou La Salle
N2485D
rupertjl

Post by rupertjl »

Yes, I want to get to Tangier for the seafood restaurant before the season ends!
LouLaSalle

Post by LouLaSalle »

You can walk anywhere on Tangier Is. But, you have to try Mrs. Crockett's Inn for a Crab Cake and Crab Fritter lunch, witj Corn Pudding as a dessert. You will like it.

Or, go to Kentmoor, a private strip, just south of Bay Bridge,Md. there is a marina i block away freom the field. Their food is awesome.

Enjoy
Lou La Salle
N2485D
dacker

Post by dacker »

Jud, welcome to the world of 170s.
I was stationed at Pax about ten years ago. I just went through there for the first time since, I couldn't believe how much more built up it is! A house that was across the street from mine was for sale for about twice what it sold for when I lived there. Of course that would only make sense for real estate values to double AFTER I sold my house :roll: . St Mary's airport was unrecognizable from what it had been. Where are you based?
Enjoy your new bird!
David
rupertjl

Post by rupertjl »

Dacker,

The house market is crazy down here, and as soon as JSF rolls in here it will be even more ridiculuous! I'm trying to buy a house before it gets worse. The 170 is stationed at St. Mary's. I've been here for over 2 years now and it has been built up since I've moved here. They're putting in more T-hangars behind the exsisting ones now.

v/r,
Jud