Latest Projects

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

C170BDan

Latest Projects

Post by C170BDan »

So excited to show these off... figured this post could go in either the Pilot Lounge or the Hangar...

Just finished installing the tail pull handle! Bought it last year and kept thinking it would be a big deal. The hardest part was getting my mechanic to commit to helping! Me being the skinny one I was inside measuring and fitting. Used a punch to mark the holes on the inside and from the outside my mechanic drilled the holes. Worked perfectly. After alittle over an hour we were done! Was fun worming in and out of the tail!

Another project I did a couple weeks ago was make a bracket to hold my new GPS III. With the help of a friend and his sheet metal tools we made a little shelf for it to velcro to. Power cord from my old Garmin fit so here is the result.

Dan
1956 170B N3467D
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

Dan

Yes the BAS pull handle goes in easier than one would expect. Nice plane from what I can see of it.

Fun Eh?
Dave
N92CP ("Clark's Plane")
1953 C-180
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

Looks GREAT Dan!
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

How's the attached GPS antenna work in that location,Dan? I had mine mounted on the yoke at first,seemed like the antenna didn't want to get a good signal there. I remounted it on the "windowsill" at the extreme left/trailing edge of the windshield (just forward of the door post) & it worked great there.
If the antenna works there,your "panel-mount" GPS looks to be in a very handy location.

Eric
C170BDan

GPS

Post by C170BDan »

Eric,

My old GPS 90 HAD to have the antenna up on the glare shield and so when I located this GPSIII here I was concerned. So far it has worked great! Hope to make a weekend trip here soon to see how I like this unit on a trip. For my local flying it helps me navigate the DFW airspace with that handy little map. There is an empty instrument hole behind where it is mounted so nothing is covered up and it is right at my finger tips! When I display at Oshkosh I just slide it off the screws and "glass panel" 170 goes back to 1956!

Blue Skies,
Dan
1956 170B N3467D