Enough Already

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Discuss politics or religion?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:37 pm

Yes
No votes
Yes
52%
Yes
48%
Yes
No votes

Total votes: 31

N1478D

Enough Already

Post by N1478D »

Does discussing politics, religion, or other sensitive non-aviation related topics on this web site help promote the Cessna 170? This poll has been set to run for 7 days.
doug8082a

Post by doug8082a »

Is there a difference between "yes"#1 and "yes" #2 or "no" #1 and "no" #2? :D I think I'll pick "no" #1 :lol:
Doug
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

Of course, it's politics and religion - there are many different no's and yes's! :lol:
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
rudymantel

Post by rudymantel »

This forum is clearly meant to promote our understanding and pleasure of flying and operating Cessna 170's or occasionally of just aviation in general.
Subjects such as fuel taxes or Presidential TFR's are entirely appropriate because they affect aviation. Generally, politics or religion have no place on this forum. IMHO-
Rudy
N2255D

Post by N2255D »

Must be a real political poll. My no vote either did not show or came out as a yes. Hard to tell because I didn't check the yes/no tally before I voted. Shows 100 yes vote so I know somethings wrong.
mit

Post by mit »

170's, 185's, PA-18's, C-119's, DC-3's.... and a little religion/politics is good for the soul! They go together like peas and carrots.
Tim
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

"No" to both subjects,as far as I'm concerned. But if someone insists on bringing them up,don't be surprised or unhappy if others get hurt feelings &/or take offense. Especially on the politics.
I tried to vote two no's on the poll. It only wanted one or the other,I decided it's a rigged poll so I didn't vote. I was afraid a hanging chad or something might cause a controversy.

Eric
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Eric
Not only didn't my vote seem to get counted but my first post calling for a restart on the poll because of the confusing answers didn't show up!

Probably voter error. Maybe like a hanging chad I only half clicked the button. 8O :D
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

When the question was submitted the poll was not there. So, clicked edit and redid it, of course this time both sets of no's and yes's where there - it was not what was desired and at that point I was afraid to try to edit it any more. Just click either a no, or a yes for a vote and it should count it. Apoligize for it resembling a Florida news item. The poll is a basic question - should we discuss things like politics and/or religion on this forum, yes or no. Hopefully at the end of 7 days or sooner this thread and the other political thread will be removed and quickly become ancient history.
R COLLINS

Post by R COLLINS »

I voted yes because I feel that both of these topics are important as to what our future holds for us. It is all to easy to say that what's happening today does not effect me so why should I bother rocking the boat. We all have to realize that it could very well effect our tommorrows in a big way. As far as ruining friendships that is ludicrous, aren't we all adults here? I know Dave works for an oil company, but there is no way any of us could hold him accountable for what's happening with gas prices. I work for UPS, so I would be appalled to think that a member would look unfavorably towards me because they received a package that was damaged. Frede has a point in a way that we should be greatful, but this country is a democracy, and the beauty of it is that the people have a say so in how it is run. In the end we can sit back and ignore the things that don't pertain to us or we can discuss them to better educate ourselves for what is going to become our future. Randal
51 Cessna 170A N1263D
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

Those are good points Randal and they needed to be made. Discussing relevant topics in a business setting, or even around a campfire, with the full arsenal of voice tones, facial expressions, hand shakes, smiles, body language, etc can still have its problems when sensitive subjects like politics and religion are the topics. On a website where the only communication is the written word without those smiles and other ways to take the edge off of trying to make a point that can so often be misunderstood and/or missrepresented there are tremendous opportunities to step on other peoples feelings. We all know that George has the 170's best interests at heart. The same for Eric, Dave, Doug, Mike, Russ, Bela, Rudy, . . . . - all of us want what's best for the 170. This poll has been running about 50 50 which states a lot, and has been getting more attention than most polls do and that tells us the interest in the health of the 170 and this website. Wonder if we need to add a political/religion house of affairs place to discuss these types of items and by separating those topics from subjects more closely related to flying it would remove some of the knee jerk reactions that have taken place.
n3833v

Post by n3833v »

My first NO went as a yes.
John
John Hess
Past President 2018-2021
President 2016-2018, TIC170A
Vice President 2014-2016, TIC170A
Director 2005-2014, TIC170A
N3833V Flying for Fun
'67 XLH 900 Harley Sportster
EAA Chapter 390 Pres since 2006
K3KNT
flyguy

VOTE NO!

Post by flyguy »

THAR WUZ A FARMER IN PLATTE COUNTY MISSOURI WHO HAD OVER MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. HE WUS SO CERTAIN HE CUD TAKE IT WITH HIM WHEN HE DIE THAT ALL OF THE TIME HE DROVE ROUN INNA OLE DODGE TRUK THAT HAD A SINE ONNA BAK --- "VOTE - NO" !

HE WOOD PICK UP OLE FOLKS TO TAKE EM TO THE POLES TO VOTE AGINST TAXES. ONE TIME ONE OLE LADY TOLE HIM SHE VOTES FOR THE SCHOOL BOND AN HE MADE HER WALK HOME!

HE DIED AN ALL THU STUFF HE GOTS IS STILL HERE FOR HIS STEP KIDS TU FITE OVER
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!