Totally Unrelated

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Totally Unrelated

Post by GAHorn »

I couldn't help but feel a little light-heartedness might help out around here, and yesteday I was in the dentist's chair, and something happened to remind me of a funny I just gotta share.

While drilling on a tooth, the dentist's face was fairly close to mine on my right, and his assistant was on my left. The dentist started absent-mindedly humming, and this reminded me of something I'd read while sitting in my doctor's office earlier in the year. So I shared the event with him.

While sitting in my regular doctor's office, I was reading a medical journal, and came across an article that discussed new doctors opening up their practices. One doctor, a gynecologist, shared an early experience he had which occured the first week of his new practice.

He had felt somewhat self-conscious as he began to examine the first of his new patients. She was an attractive young woman who'd come for a routine pelvic exam. She was lying on her back, with an apron across her upraised knees, and her feet in the examining table's "stirrups".
The doctor was out of view to her, but he was at her feet, beginning the examination of her pelvis, and began humming absent-mindedly as a method of overcoming his discomfort of shyness with his first patient.
In a moment he became aware that the patient was convulsing in quiet laughter, so he stopped, took a step back and said, "I'm sorry. Was I tickling you?"
"No", she replied. "But do you know what music you were humming?"
"Uh, ...no. I guess I forgot.", he said. "What was I humming?"
She continued to laugh, and replied, "You were humming: 'Oh, I wish I were an Oscar Meyer wiener....that is what I'd truly like to be--eeee-eee.' :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
flyguy

WEENIE SCHMEENIE

Post by flyguy »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

THYS HYEARS A FAMILY ORYIENTED FOUM SO ISSA THINKIN YOU SHUD PUSCH THE "DELEEET" BUTTING FER THAT THAR MESSY AGE. AN IFFN YOU DOAN'T NO WHAR THU THINGY ITTSA AT JES CHANGE THE WEENIE THINGY TO A FAT SMOKEY SAUSSYGE.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

That is funny :lol: :lol: :lol:
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

Reminds me of the story about the guy who was terrified of the dentist. After much reassurance,he climbed aboard the dentist's chair. When the dentist leaned over to start the exam,he felt a firm hand grasp a vulnerable part of his anatomy as the burly patient said "we're not going to hurt each other now,are we?" 8O Been in a few situations myself where performing that maneuver mighta been reassuring!

Eric
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Mine's OK but your's is outa-line Eric. :roll: Should I delete that? Oh, wait. You're just north of California aren't you. :lol:
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

I'll take the heat off of both of you :idea:

The shoe salesman looked up and commented how he would like to eat that whole thing full of ice creame. The lady, furious at the comment, rushed home and complained to her husband about what was said. Her husband called her a liar and slapped her to the floor and she asked why - "Two reasons, 1) there ain't nobody that can eat that much ice creame 2) and, you got more dam shoes than you know what to do with." :lol:
Last edited by N1478D on Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

From a true story related by the mother;

My little Mary was getting ready for the big event in her High School life, the Senior Prom, and I helped her pick out a stunning, bare-shoulder formal dress. She is not a largely developed girl, so I helped her fill out the bosom of her dress with some strategically located puffs of cotton.
When she was finished dressing for her soon-to-arrive date, I reached into my bureau drawer and pulled out my grandmother's antique pearl neckace and draped it around her neck. She was beautiful.
Her date arrived and after some photos were taken with the family camera, they were off. I didn't expect her til the wee hours, after the Prom, the dinnner, and the after Prom party.
But in only a few hours, I heard a car pull up the driveway, and Mary came bursting through the front door, sobbing with tears and stamping her foot.
"What on Earth is the matter, Dear?", I asked her.
"Mother! You won't believe what he said to me!", she blurted.
"What happened, Mary?"
"Mother, we were sitting across the table from each other in the restaurant and things were really wonderful when he suddenly had the nerve to lean across the table and say to me -- 'Gee, You look Great Mary. Are those real?"
"Well!", I said, "I certainly hope you told him they were! They've been in the family for three generations!"
"Ohh Nooo!", she cried. "The Pearls!! I'd forgotten all about them!"