Flying to Tehachapi

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

Mr Harold,
If you runout of $ before you get out of Heber Springs, I'll meet you there. Or would like to just meet you there even if you're not broke yet. Wife's grandma, cousins, aunts, uncles, all live there. Own McPherson's restaraunt up the street from the airport.
Hey you wouldn't happen to own a lot on the straights airport or at Diamond Ridge airstrip subdivision would you? Heber is a 30 min flight that we do sometimes for morning coffee.
Dave
Harold Holiman

Post by Harold Holiman »

Dave,

I have two lots in "Sky Point" where we hope to retire to in not too many years. I like McPherson's very much and that is where we plan to eat on our way to Tehachapi. I listed it on "Hundred Dollar Hamburger" a couple of years ago. We will let you know about what time we will be at Heber Springs. Are you going to go to Tehachapi?

Harold
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

Tehatchape is sure a LONG WAYS off, wasn't planning on it!
Been kinda tempted though knowing you're going right by the house. Maybe I could follow you a ways down Route 66? But keeping up would be a problem. How slow can you fly? You could get great gas mileage at 2200 rpm's waiting on me flying 2700 rpm's :)
Randal, don't you say nuthing or I'll reference you to Subject: Northwest Passage!
Mr Harold, hurry up with that retirement! Looking forward to having another active Arkansas member. Arkansas Joe's gonna come home someday too!
Dave
R COLLINS

Post by R COLLINS »

Dave,
Have you ever flown your plane with the doors off :?: I hope so, that way when I blow past you it won't be so traumatic for you. :lol: :lol: I told you the new plane isn't the speedster the old one was and doesn't climb any faster either. Heck, I'm already missing 45Delta. :oops: I hope Sean gets to make it to Petit Jean, that way he can take George up and prove it will go 142 mph flat and level. 8O Randal
51 Cessna 170A N1263D
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

Randal you know you're going to get some feedback now! :P
If Sean can't bring the speedster to us then maybe we can take George to the speedster in my buddies Saratoga. Reckon George could Pilot us?

Don't worry about traumatizing me once you get that bird in the air, I can set her down in a field if need be. You just be careful and make sure you make it to the next City Airport. Makes me nervous knowing you guys are flying out in the country with them little props! :(
Harold Holiman

Post by Harold Holiman »

Miles,

Why don't you give us an update and let us know how many people have registered for the convention so far? :D Looking forward to Tehachapi.

Harold
Mbr# 893