Temporary Flight Restriction - Mena, AR

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Temporary Flight Restriction - Mena, AR

Post by GAHorn »

FDC 4/0753 ZME AR.. FLIGHT RESTRICTION MENA, AR.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
PURSUANT TO 14 CFR SECTION 91.137(A)(2) TEMPORARY FLIGHT
RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT WITHIN A 3 NAUTICAL MILE RADIUS OF
343100N/0940923W AND THE RICH MOUNTAIN VORTAC /PGO/ 110 DEGREE
RADIAL AT 28 NAUTICAL MILES AT AND BELOW 4000 FEET MSL TO PROVIDE
A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT ACTIVITIES. THE U.S.
MARSHAL SERVICE K. BEST 501-245-6070 IS IN CHARGE ON SCENE
EMERGENCY RESPONSE ACTIVITIES. JONESBORO AFSS /JBR/ 870-910-6444
IS THE FAA COORDINATION FACILITY.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Harold Holiman

Post by Harold Holiman »

George,

When they first discovered the mess at the creamatory at Nobal, GA a couple of years ago, they put a five mile radius TFR around the creamatory, (what could general aviation aircraft do to the uncreamated bodies they found all around the site?). This TFR actually came down to about the middle of 9A5. I was in Rome when it was put in effect and when I found out about the TFR and after talking to the FSS decided as long as I came straight in from the South to land I would be legal to fly back to LaFayettel. For the three or four days the TFR was in effect, all aircraft had to land north and takeoff south at 9A5 to remain clear of the (unnecessary) TFR.

Harold H
mbr# 892
n3437d

????Creamatory???????

Post by n3437d »

Is a creamatory a place where they "milk" dead people? Or only the remaining relatives? Just curious. :?:
Visitors are more than welcome. Stop by and say hello.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

n3437d, you have to actually "hear" Harold in order to be able to "read" him. Thank goodness I had the pleasure of listening to him for several hundred miles last summer during the TIC170A convention activities. His sweet-Georgia accent automatically transfers to all his literary endeavors. It's called "poetic license"! :D

For the rest of us, it's pronounced "crematory" and "crematorium". :lol:
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
TP

Post by TP »

Harold, Law inforcement, Fire, Rescue and probably other agency's can have a TFR put in place over a area while they work. In EMS we do it to keep the new's media back so they don't intrefear with ops. There is a way around it however. I don't have a explainasion for you in the crematory insident. Perhaps they didn't want to listen to helicopters. :roll: TP
I must be okay cause, I haven't gotten a letter from the FAA.
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

So what's happening (or happened) at Mena? Isn't that where the paint shop(s) is located? maybe an airplane owner didn't like how his new paint job came out? Or did the revinuer's find a moonshiner squeezin' up some white lightnin'?

Eric (I'm a yankee,can you tell?)

( here's a yankee joke--
Q: Know what a yankee is?
A: It's like a quickie,only ya do it yourself. :lol: )
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

I wuz tole by sum wun over in Looeasyana thet he knows of two kind of liars.
Thar's those who sed theyve never dun whut Eric wuz sayin'.....
and thar's those who say theyve quit! :roll:
doug8082a

Post by doug8082a »

zero.one.victor wrote:So what's happening (or happened) at Mena? Isn't that where the paint shop(s) is located? maybe an airplane owner didn't like how his new paint job came out? Or did the revinuer's find a moonshiner squeezin' up some white lightnin'?

Eric (I'm a yankee,can you tell?)

( here's a yankee joke--
Q: Know what a yankee is?
A: It's like a quickie,only ya do it yourself. :lol: )
Yup, he's a yankee...
Doug
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

Most of this weeks VIP TFRs are in California. However, on March 4 - 8, Crawford and Waco, Texas are under the 60 mile diameter VIP veil. If you're flying in that area check with FSS for current information.
Go to http://www.fly-low.com for up to date info.
Fly-low is a publication out of Russellville, AR.. It is at all the local airports for FREE. Click on the fly-low website and you'll see the TFR's & Notams layed out on a map. I like the Archived stories, Fly-in events, $100 Hamburger spots, etc…