New Interior for the Mistress!

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

busav8or

New Interior for the Mistress!

Post by busav8or »

My wife calls 4410B my mistress, so I figured it was time for some new "clothes" for her (airplane, not the wife)! :oops: Apologies, or compliments (imitation IS the sincerest form of flattery, right?) to Bigrenna for the stealing his design! I think it turned out great! Only glitch, which was easily fixed, was 3 inch foam was initially installed in the seat bottom which put my head about an inch from the headliner and my line of sight at the wing root! It was replaced with 2 inch foam and I'm looking out the side windows again without having to bend over. Now I want to paint the flap handle, window frames and doors to match!

Here's some pics:
frontseat.JPG
backseat.JPG
panel.JPG
Former Caretaker of N4410B '55 170B
s/n: 26754
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: New Interior for the Mistress!

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Nice looking. Even with a headliner. :lol:
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
jmurtap

Post by jmurtap »

Very Nice!!
Jason P
53 170
SN 25878

busav8or

Post by busav8or »

Haha, I didn't want to compliment him too much! :D
Ryan Smith

Post by Ryan Smith »

Looks okay in pictures, I guess. If you fly up to W88, I can give you a better assessment. :wink:
busav8or

Post by busav8or »

Sounds like a plan! Let me know when!
johneeb

Post by johneeb »

Ryan Smith wrote:Looks okay in pictures, I guess. If you fly up to W88, I can give you a better assessment. :wink:
Classy looking interior!

Ryan have you taken your private check? If so congrats, if not you must be close.
John E. Barrett
aka. Johneb

Sent from my "Cray Super Computer"
Ryan Smith

Post by Ryan Smith »

johneeb wrote:
Ryan Smith wrote:Looks okay in pictures, I guess. If you fly up to W88, I can give you a better assessment. :wink:
Classy looking interior!

Ryan have you taken your private check? If so congrats, if not you must be close.
Looking at mid-April. Passed my written with a 90 last week, I have a long solo XC left to do and 3 hour prep.

I was hoping to take my checkride in N2256D, but the woman that owns the airplane is also giving me my checkride and doesn't think she can adequately test me since the airplane doesn't have a nav installed, only a GPS/comm. I am not going to be able to fly my instructor's Maule due to insurance, the 172XP I've been flying has developed an issue in the #2 nav/comm and in the audio panel, so it looks like I'm going to finish out my flying and checkride in the rental Archer out at the airport.

I'm going to try to finish out my XC requirements for my instrument rating, and hope to have my written for that out of the way by the end of the year. I flew a VOR-A approach, instructor told me to go missed on short final, and flew the holding pattern for a couple of circuits the other day during my hood work and I really enjoyed it. If I can have my instrument rating in-hand by January or February, I'll get my commercial, and then my multi add-on and see if I can't get some flying work.

I'm mostly looking forward to being able to give my wife a ride in the 170 after my checkride. I've also told my dad that he's my second passenger since his medical has long since run out. I'm hoping that will kindle some interest and that he'll perhaps be interested in partnering with me in the 170 when it becomes available for sale.
canav8

Post by canav8 »

Ryan, the check must be done with some form of navigation. It does not stipulate what type to do. You must demonstrate you can do navigation. That includes dead reckoning. The person doing the checkride must know what aircraft you are doing it in and the capability. It is up to them to test you on the knowledge of navigation. That is where your instructor should come in and assist and work with the evaluator. It is not hard but it must be conveighed. D
52' C-170B N2713D Ser #25255
Doug
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

That's a nice looking interior, but it looks a little heavy to me. I guess it sort of depends on whether or not you're trying to keep the airplane as light as possible.
BL
busav8or

Post by busav8or »

Believe it or not, it actually weighs less now than before! The guy who did it said that whoever did the last job just put it on top of the old upholstery! :roll:
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

NICE interior...and COLOR choice!

(I would not recommend any strong-arm attempts to dictate to an examiner as to how a check ride should be administered, or what equipment might suffice to meet the rule.)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
busav8or

Post by busav8or »

Thanks! It Goes great with the polished and RED exterior!!
swixtt

Post by swixtt »

Double
Last edited by swixtt on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swixtt

Post by swixtt »

Looks very nice! what material is it? what belts do you have in there?