Name change for the Eternal Project

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

wingnut

Re: Name change for the Eternal Project

Post by wingnut »

cessna170bdriver wrote:Is that RED rib one of Paul's originals?
The rib is original. The paint is not. We may need a mathematician to help us.
Del Lehmann
Mena, Arkansas
Ryan Smith

Post by Ryan Smith »

wingnut wrote:
cessna170bdriver wrote:Is that RED rib one of Paul's originals?
The rib is original. The paint is not. We may need a mathematician to help us.
I passed third grade, which, as I understand it from my friends that live there is equivalent to a doctorate in orbital mechanics for anyone living in Arkansas.

The green:red is still much too high. My prediction is that while the airplane will have superior corrosion resistance, it will be very slow. As in, getting passed by 150s slow. Better put a cruise prop on the old girl...she's gonna need all the help she can get. :lol:

But seriously, is it done yet?
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

Ryan Smith wrote: I passed third grade, which, as I understand it from my friends that live there is equivalent to a doctorate in orbital mechanics for anyone living in Arkansas.

The green:red is still much too high. My prediction is that while the airplane will have superior corrosion resistance, it will be very slow. As in, getting passed by 150s slow. Better put a cruise prop on the old girl...she's gonna need all the help she can get. :lol:

But seriously, is it done yet?
:lol: :lol: I can't argue your pointed observation about the doctorate in orbital mechanics. My mechanics run around in circles all day, but I don't think they had any higher education that affords them recognition for this haphazard behavior :lol: .
But seriously, no the project is not done yet. That dang Paul keeps bringing us parts, and has added a top secret modification to the work order. Although I have suspicion of his plan, I'm just following orders. The customer is always right, right? :wink: Paul's character is hard to read, but I sense he has something up his sleeve. Not only will we need a rocket scientist, we will likely have to approach the FAA for a one off STC. Flight test could prove interesting.

Everything except the fuselage is ready to go. I expect we will deliver to Darrell within a couple days. We had intended to finish the fuselage first and for it to already be in base coat by now. But plans and work scope can/does change. It has actually worked out better this way for everybody involved.
Del Lehmann
Mena, Arkansas
bagarre

Post by bagarre »

I am incredibly curious as to what the rebuild of the wings cost but it seems impolite to ask.
Ryan Smith

Post by Ryan Smith »

bagarre wrote:I am incredibly curious as to what the rebuild of the wings cost but it seems impolite to ask.
Would it make it less impolite if two people asked? :P
edbooth

Post by edbooth »

Ryan Smith wrote:
bagarre wrote:I am incredibly curious as to what the rebuild of the wings cost but it seems impolite to ask.
Would it make it less impolite if two people asked? :P
How about three ??
Ed Booth, 170-B and RV-7 Driver
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

I don't think it impolite to ask, but it would be inappropriate for me to answer. Several reasons, the main one being that an agreement between service provider and customer is a contract and private. Another reason is there are too many variables to even throw out a number. Also, this (public forum) is not a place to discuss it. I think there are forum rules that may prohibit anything that could be considered commercial "stumping" :lol:
Customer Paul Wood started this thread and I would like to keep the discussion on the progress and process, not cost. I'm certain Paul would agree. And if he doesn't agree with me, I still won't let him tell you what he's paying me :lol: If anyone has questions about cost for specific services on your own aircraft, please call, email, or PM
Del Lehmann
Mena, Arkansas
bagarre

Post by bagarre »

That was the best 'none of your business' reply yet :wink:

Yes, you're right. The cost of this shouldn't be a factor in this thread.
N2625U

Post by N2625U »

Couple of gallons of something that was brewed in the hills? :D
Keep your speed up, Blackhawk on final behind you.
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

Fuselage modification........
Donor plane from the boneyard
Donor plane from the boneyard
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Del Lehmann
Mena, Arkansas
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

Wayne was really tore up about cutting a big hole, so we helped him. Suggested he fix it with a baggage door mod
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Del Lehmann
Mena, Arkansas
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Del Lehmann
Mena, Arkansas
4583C

Post by 4583C »

image.jpg
image.jpg (27.3 KiB) Viewed 28237 times
Debra drug out an old photo album (remember those?) yesterday and found this . Jody is now 35 and Andy will be 32 in October. Man , I feel old! :x
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Aren't you happy to have the skill, daring, intelligence, and sagacity to achieve your great age?
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
4583C

Post by 4583C »

gahorn wrote:Aren't you happy to have the skill, daring, intelligence, and sagacity to achieve your great age?
Yes, George I am happy for all those things! And I'm not to old to add a new word to my vocabulary :lol: :lol: