tailwheel endorsement in central California

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Ril952

tailwheel endorsement in central California

Post by Ril952 »

I live in Turlock, CA and I would like to find someplace to get a tailwheel endorsement. Turlock is about an hour and a half south of Sacramento.

James Riley
(352) 870-1745
voorheesh

Re: tailwheel endorsement in central California

Post by voorheesh »

Aerodynamic Aviation at Reid Hillview (San Jose), West Valley Flying Club Palo Alto, I would check Livermore Airport. Do you have your own airplane? If so, you should be able to find a CFI at Modesto or Merced. Try TDL at Merced. Springfield Flying Service at Columbia does tailwheel instruction and there has to be a few CFIs at Calaveras County Airport (near Angels Camp)
Good luck
falco

Post by falco »

attitude aviation at LVK has citabria, pitts, etc. red sky aviation at lvk has champ, etc.
voorheesh

Post by voorheesh »

Everytime I go to Livermore that Champ is in the pattern.
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

Ken Couey up at Amador County airport in Jackson is also available for tailwheel work. He has a Glasstar and might be available to come down to your airport.
Try calling him at 209-304-4874. Tell him that Dick Lemmon sent you and I'll hit him up for a piece of the action.
BL
voorheesh

Post by voorheesh »

I am sorry to hear that. It was a busy little airplane. Hope they can fix or replace it. I sure miss my old Champ (1949 7CCM) which I traded for my 170A 10 years ago. I don't miss the hand propping part though. :D
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

voorheesh wrote:I am sorry to hear that. It was a busy little airplane. Hope they can fix or replace it. I sure miss my old Champ (1949 7CCM) which I traded for my 170A 10 years ago. I don't miss the hand propping part though. :D
I have the difficult-to-find parts for the Aero-Safety starter....just never installed them in my Chief. (Also wish I'd kept that aeroplane.)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)