Hanlon Wilson Muffler Shroud

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

webmaster
Site Admin

Hanlon Wilson Muffler Shroud

Post by webmaster »

The shroud on the right muffler on my 1955 O-300A is in need of repair or replacement. Can anyone tell me a source of either?

Thanks,
Dale
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: Hanlon Wilson Muffler Shroud

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Several years ago Aerospace Welding Inc. (AWI) donated an entire system for our auction. Nice work including the shrouds. That is who I'd call. Don't know anyone else making them.
GAHORN wrote:Aerospace Welding, Inc. (AWI), in Minneapolis (800) 597-4315 is who donated an entire system in support of our association. They do beautiful work. Ask for Charlie Feld, and please let him know we sent you so they can see their support is appreciated!
George
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Thanks, Bruce. I'll give them a call.

Dale
Kurt Aichele

Post by Kurt Aichele »

Dale,
We had our entire Hanlon-Wilson exhaust overhauled at Dawley Aviation. They are at the Burlington, Wisc. airport. They may be able to help you out and they are close, too.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Charlie Field at AWI made a complete right muffler shroud (heater shroud) for my Hanlon Wilsons. It was a slightly heavier-gauge sheet than original and I've been happy. At first he wanted to use loose tinnerman nuts for the fasteners, but I insisted he spot-weld them onto the shroud exactly like the originals, and so he did.

Be certain to SAVE YOUR INLET (looks like a canning-funnel) AND OUTLET (alligator shroud) for re-use.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

I dropped off the shroud at Dawley Aviation today. I should have it back in a couple of days.

Thanks for all the inputs.

Dale