Part number needed

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Kyle

Part number needed

Post by Kyle »

Good morning everyone,

I'm looking for some part # assistance. One of our members was able to supply me with the Cessna type oil filter adapter (Thanks John :)). The main o-ring needs to be replaced prior to installation.

Miles was kind enough to send me a link for a possible part # and source but we are not 100 % sure it's the correct one.

Info from Miles was as follows:

Most likely the o-ring Spruce advertises at - http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/e ... radptr.php is the right one, but I have no way to be sure.

According to his 337 form, the Cessna Kit number is A.K.172-112D, and the part number for the adapter is C294505-0101.

DOes anyone have the Cessna part # ?

Thanks in advance .....

Kyle
Kyle Takakjian
Truro, MA
52 C-170B, N8087A
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Any Cessna distributor should be able to help you. Try Yingling (800.854.2647) or Hill Aircraft (1-800-998-7832).
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

Why not just take the accessory to a rubber company store and have them fit it with an "O" ring suitable for the conditions in which it will be used. "O" rings are sized by diameters and cross section and are made of different materials for use in different conditions. The two rubber companies here in Sacramento are able to accomodate almost every situation.
And truth be known, fellas, Sacramento ain't the most sophisticated city.
BL