170 AP expert needed for pre-buy inspection

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

rob

170 AP expert needed for pre-buy inspection

Post by rob »

Hello, I've just joined the forum and I was wondering if anyone knows a good a and p that really knows 170's that I could hire to do a pre-buy inspection for me at the Redlands airport in southern CA. Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks. Rob
:D
Rob
n2582d

170 A&P at Redlands, CA

Post by n2582d »

Rob,
20 years ago I worked at MAF in Redlands as an A&P. Those guys know 180's and 185's better than anyone. I don't know if they still do maintenance on aircraft other than their own. But if they do, MAF could give you a good pre-buy inspection. I've heard MAF is moving up to the Spokane area in the near future. http://www.maf.org
Gary
rob

ap in redlands

Post by rob »

Thanks Gary, I'll look them up.
Rob
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

I can't immagine anything particularly special about inspecting a C-170. They are almost exactly the same as an early C-172 and there are plenty of mechanics that are competant to work on and inspect them. I think that any versatile and competant mechanic that holds an inspection authority should be able to adequately handle a pre-buy. I personally feel that an annual inspection, with the inspector certifing airworthiness, is really the only effective pre-buy.
BL