oil pressure gauge

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

FredM

oil pressure gauge

Post by FredM »

Has anyone had to replace an oil pressure gauge recently or know of a source for this part. Mine is a 2 1/16" round gauge and has a range of 0-60 psi. Not sure who the MFR is. The only Faa/Pma part I have found that was similar had a 0- 120 range made by scott. I would like to install the correct part but haven't had much luck finding what I need. The part number listed in the IPC is 0411016-2. No luck from cessna with that number.
Fred L. Mahan
51 C170A N1289D
N2865C

Post by N2865C »

I recently replaced mine with a Scott. If you do a search for "oil and pressure and gauge" you will find lots of info. Rochester and Scott are what are commonly used. A good place to start is here. http://cessna170.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... sure+gauge
John
N2865C
"The only stupid question is one that wasn't asked"
FredM

Post by FredM »

Well I found a used rochester gauge that will work for now. It is pretty much the same as my old one. I don't like the scott gauge because they only seem to have them with a 0-120 psi range. The normal operating range of our engines results in very little movement of the needle. I probably wouldn't notice If my oil pressure went to zero with such a small movement. I was also hoping for something closer to original. I had hoped to send my old gauge out and have it repaired but the fitting on the back of the gauge was installed with some type of sealant that made it impossible to remove and of course you can't remove the gauge with the fitting installed so I broke the gauge in the process of removing it. Problem solved for now though, thanks for the help.
Fred L. Mahan
51 C170A N1289D