ARTEX ELT

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

simatos

ARTEX ELT

Post by simatos »

After activating the search and rescue guys by mistake I sent the elt for check up and now returned. I am not sure how to set the switched for normal opperation. The ELt has 2 positions on the switch on and off ,while the instrument panel swith has 2 positions on and ARM. Do any of you know how to set this up Thanks G (last boneheaded question for the day)
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Your ELT operators manual should have the answer for you. Most likely the ELT remote switch should be ARMed. Then with the ELT sw. OFF, you could test the ELT by moving the remote sw. to ON, momentarily. You should hear the sweeping tone on your ship's radio set to 121.5.
OR...if that was not satisfactory, then reset the remote sw to ARM, and set the ELT to ON. Listen to determine that the elt is not actually broadcasting. Then test by moving the remote sw. to ON...whereupon you should hear the elt on the ships radio.
Whatever you do, make certain the elt is not broadcasting continuously after you determine the final settng.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
N2865C

Post by N2865C »

See the Index http://www.artex.net/manualdocs.html

BTW I had some great service from Artex. My ELT failed and I sent it in for repair. It is a 15 year old unit and the warranty on repairs is 90 days. Four months later it failed again :( . They sent me out a brand new unit at no charge. I always like to pass along good customer service experiences.
John
N2865C
"The only stupid question is one that wasn't asked"
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

N2865C wrote:See the Index http://www.artex.net/manualdocs.html

BTW I had some great service from Artex. My ELT failed and I sent it in for repair. It is a 15 year old unit and the warranty on repairs is 90 days. Four months later it failed again :( . They sent me out a brand new unit at no charge. I always like to pass along good customer service experiences.
\
How 'bout a contact address, etc. for them? thanks
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
N2865C

Post by N2865C »

gahorn wrote: How 'bout a contact address, etc. for them? thanks
http://www.artex.net/contactus.html
John
N2865C
"The only stupid question is one that wasn't asked"
simatos

Post by simatos »

Checked as per above working fine and no sign of Search and Rescue. Thanks g