170 and 170A model engine cooling baffling

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

170 and 170A model engine cooling baffling

Post by GAHorn »

There is an effort underway to get a manufacturer to produce the complete set of baffles necessary for the original "air box" type cooling system. I am accepting names from those seriously wishing to purchase all new early type baffling.
(Now, I'm not asking for those of you who WISH they had new baffling to get on the list. What I am asking for, is those who are seriously willing to spend the several hundred dollars it will take to purchase an all new system for the early airplanes. I do NOT wish to blow our association's credibility with the manufacturer by telling him we have 15 people who will buy them...and then when the price is revealed to be several hundred dollars...that I was wrong, we only have ONE person who is actually willing to pull out the ol' checkbook.)
I am also wanting someone who is willing to remove their existing baffling and LOAN it to the mfr for a model. A slight discount MAY apply for the use of such.
I simply cannot offer any more details on this matter, until I have a handle on the numbers wishing to purchase the baffling.
OK, guys, pony up by sending me a direct EMAIL or snail mail.
I need:
Your name
Your tail number and serial number.
Your address
Your phone number.

My email is: gahorn146ys (at) hotmail (dot) com
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)