Visit to Eatonville Washington

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Metal Master

Visit to Eatonville Washington

Post by Metal Master »

I drove out to Eatonville Washington with my two Black & Tan Coon Hounds to visit the Airport, Meet Bud of B.A.S. Inc and pick up a tail pull handle and BAS utility harness kit. Nice people quaint airport. I got a 10% discount on the parts I purchased as a FBO discount although they do still offer a 5% discount to CPA and Cessna Pilot Association members.

It is really a residential airport now. Although not as rural as it once was, Eatonville is pretty rural as it is close to Mount Rainer and out in the country.

Bud has been an aircraft Guy for around 50 years and used to operate out of Pierce County (Thun Field) years ago. Bud obviously Likes Dogs, which makes him ok in my Book and Blue’s and Amos’s as well.

If it is any indication my Coon Hounds Blue & Amos loved the place.

I met a 170 owner that was preparing polished 170 for sale. I believe it was N4001V. It had stock aluminum wheel pants, a nice interior, “B” model tail wheel bracket and looked pretty nice from my short inspection. Dark green on polished aluminum and pancake mufflers. He said that when he is done with the annual he was going to offer it for sale at $38,000.

Jim
A&P, IA, New owner C170A N1208D, Have rebuilt some 50 aircraft. So many airplanes, So little time!