UpcomingAssn's own maintenance manual

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

phantomphixer

UpcomingAssn's own maintenance manual

Post by phantomphixer »

To all,
What's the deal on the "upcoming Assn's own maintenance manual"(took this from another article in the forums)? :? I just got back from Iraq two months ago and this is the first I've heard of it. Will somebody please catch me up to date.
FYI Yes, we are winning and I went as a civilian tech rep with the USMC Harriers out of Yuma, AZ.
Phantomphixer
55' 170B N3585C
Somerton, AZ
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

phantomphixer,

gahorn is producing a Service Manual for the 170. The first of five sections is now available and covers the Electrical System. The following quote is from the "Store" section of http://www.cessna170.org:

"The Cessna 170 Service Manual is being produced by the Association in five sections. The first section addressing the Electrical System is intended to provide the owner/service technician with a comprehensive resource for troubleshooting and reparing the Cessna 170 electrical system. Containing detailed wiring schematics, original wiring sizes, lengths and routing, as well as theory and function of the basic systems, including detailed yet simple troubleshooting methods of the generator charging system, it should be considered a must-have for the do-it-yourself type as well as the experienced repairman.

It is available in printed format and CD format. Cost is $20 for members; $40 for nonmembers (US Funds) plus $1.50 each for shipping. Order from HQ and specify which format."

Hope this helps,
Miles

PS: Thanks for the good work in Iraq! :)
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

It should be noted the wiring diagrams in the manual are only exact for specific serial numbers in the B-model range, but are included as helpful for earlier models.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)