Fuel Stop - Good Food NC/SC border

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

aileron170b

Fuel Stop - Good Food NC/SC border

Post by aileron170b »

Hi, everyone...
Wonder if anyone has a suggestion for a fuel stop (reasonably priced??) south of Knoxville around the NC/SC border or in that vicinity. On the way to Juno Beach, FL from MI and need a place for fuel, good food, and to shed a few cold wx clothes.
Thanks
Michelle
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Michelle, we have about 700 members along your route of flight, most of which will be happy to provide a place for you to shed your clothes. :wink: Of course, most of us are dirty ol' men! :twisted: :lol:
More seriously, tho', ...you might try http://www.airnav.com/ and click on their fuel planning icon. If you enter your plane's range, fuel burn, departure point, destination, and a few other item...it'll very quickly give you 10 or 20 or however many points you need along your route to make the most of fuel savings, shortest route, or best fuel prices all along the way. For example, clicking on their Fuel icon, then selecting "check local prices" and then asking for fuel prices within 50 miles of TYX (Knoxville) will show that (2A0) Mark Anton Airport, Dayton, TN has avgas at $2.82/gal. It will give you an aerial pic of the airport, all the pertinent data, and let you download instrument approaches for free, as well as give you info about the airport management and the fbo. What a deal!
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Steve9224

Post by Steve9224 »

Hi Michelle-

I'm based at 0A9, Elizabethton, TN, it's right under the HMV VOR. Betty's Burger Hut is a walk across the runway or Randy, the airport manager, will let you take the crew car up the road to Stoney's Pizza or into town. Let me know if you need any more info.
Steve
N9186A
aileron170b

Fuel and Food NC/SC border

Post by aileron170b »

Hi, everyone...
Thanks for the replies to my fuel/food query. I initially checked out AirNav, but still wondered if there were some hidden/"secret" neat places to land for cheap fuel and good food on the way to FL. But after a little more checking with that website, we came up with some good choices, as it turns out.
I'll definitely keep in mind the burger joint, though. 8)

Thanks, again!!
Michelle