Lemon Pledge

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

N1478D

Post by N1478D »

Dave, remember that George has the only flying static display airplane in the world so his recommendation on logos, etc are from a totally different perspective. It's commendable that he even arrives any place with his static display, even if it is always after dark, or a day after the event is over. When he is online here his name is highlighted in GREEN, because of his envy. He probably drapes a green sheet over his plane at home just to help his emotions. Maybe we could make a green Cessna logo for him and present it at Petit Jean? Well, on second thought, don't think a nice green logo would stick to a slow red B, the logo would always be ahead of the aircraft in that case. We'll have to come up with something else for George, maybe a green walker for him, or a green light to help train his airplane to go. :lol:

Stopped in and checked on your airplane Tuesday evening there at Ozark. They had the rudder and elevators off and were sanding around the ailerons. Had all the winders covered. Said they might start spraying in a day or two.
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

HEY thanks for checking on the plane! Was it bare metal?
Waiting is the hardest part. They better be glad I'm in Alaska for 2 weeks so they don't have to run me off. Lot of mettle work to be done by his Dad down at the other end. Did you see all those holes I left on it?
Traci's got the white trim (left by UPS) off of the front porch last night. Guess she better get it up there, along with the SS and door catches.
I'll go back to the proper subjects with proper post, that caught me off guard.
I take it back about George being ahead, You the man!
Thanks!!!!!
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

My ragwing was painted by a previous (A&P) owner about 24 years ago. White with brown trim & yellow highlights. Not what I woulda chosen. He painted not one but two "checkmarks" on each side of the vertical--one brown & one yellow, super-imposed on each other(sorta like some Pacers I've seen)-- but oriented them open-end forward. Ugh!
Made the whole tail look weird & out of proportion. I painted over them after I'd had the airplane about a year or so-- looks OK from a ways off but not too great when you look real close. Looks better than it did before at least.
Another previous owner added stick-on 12" tailnumbers on the side of the airplane. Unfortunately that wasn't good enough for him,he then outlined the black 12" numbers with white paint. Ugh again! Managed to just peel the numbers off but had to wetsand the white outlining to get rid of it. Went back to 3" numbers on the vertical, much better for stealth activities. That & "white Cessna" position reports (no numbers) keeps me out of hot water.

Eric
johneeb

Post by johneeb »

You guys have realy got me wondering now. :? Did I put these on backwards? Should the logo be only one directional? I cannot remember whom I bought these decals from and I have looked all through my receipts and can not find one for them. Does anyone remember an add for these decals that ran last fall on one of the aviation publications?

Johneb

zero.one.victor

Last time you showed off the good-looking panel, this time you're showin' off the pretty round tail....
Naw, you got the logo's right, John, it's just like an airplane: keep the pointy end forward!
Looks real good.......

Eric
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

Looks so good I might need a set 8)
Dave
N92CP ("Clark's Plane")
1953 C-180
N2865C

Post by N2865C »

I don't know if Cessna ever changed it, but originally the logo was the logo and the "head" of the "bird" was over the "a" in Cessna making it look like it was flying backwards on the pilots side. Cessna used several different 170 logos on the tail over the years.
jc
John
N2865C
"The only stupid question is one that wasn't asked"
JTS

Post by JTS »

It's a beautiful thing.
'52 170B CF-FDH Ser# 20841
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Well, I know one thing: The one on the left is a violation of the copyright/trademark laws if it doesn't contain the (c) and if Cessna didn't get their "cut" of the decal sales.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

My wife has always teased me with the ideal of her getting a tatoo. She knows I'd freak. However seeing those two beautiful decals stuck on those milky white rounded rudders, gives me an ideal!
johneeb

Post by johneeb »

Dave,

I figured out where she can get these decals for her tatoo. Aircraft Spruce list them as C-170 CL-071L&R, catalog number 09-43946, $19.90.
Be sure that she has the Tatoo Artist include a small circle with a "c" in it. :lol:

Johneb
zero.one.victor

gahorn wrote:Well, I know one thing: The one on the left is a violation of the copyright/trademark laws if it doesn't contain the (c) and if Cessna didn't get their "cut" of the decal sales.
Boo Hoo
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

(That was intended to be humorous, Eric....as opposed to the one on the right which doesn't conform to the trademark.) :roll:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)