unIMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

zero.one.victor wrote:
gahorn wrote:Reminder: gahorn is NOT the webmaster. I am only the moderator. The webmaster is the TIC170A Treasurer.
This forum is not the best way to communicate with the Directors and Officers. The best way is either email, snailmail, or phone (probably least preferred.)
Voting in polls here at the forums may indicate a general consensus, however it carries no weight with regard to the Association By Laws. Official voting occurs at membership meetings and/or Board meetings....all of which are open meetings and which receive advance public notice in the Flypaper and on this website. Minutes are kept of all meetings.
I am personally in favor of public participation in our forums, enhanced with certain new "value added" features for TIC170A members that I will be proposing shortly. I also favor taking "Members Issues" to a "members only" status. Otherwise, I like the forums pretty much as they've existed. I will be communicating these comments to the board.
From the minutes of the 7/6/04 Board of Directors meeting at the Tehachapi convention, as published in the Q4/2004 170 News:
"George Horn suggested only members may post messages in the forums, to encourage membership. Medendorp moved to adopt this suggestion, seconded by Martin;motion adopted."
Huh?

Eric
Don't believe everything you read. :wink: I do not believe I ever made such a comment, and this report in the 4th Qtr 170 News is incorrect. Minutes are notes kept of a running conversation/discussion and such notes are subject to error. The secretary usually keeps the minutes and they are not "official" until accepted and voted on at the next meeting. Even tho' their acceptance is voted on, it still does not make them "correct"....only accepted.
This report regarding the B of D Mtg at last summer's convention is incorrect in that regard, and the minutes of that meeting will be read and any corrections and acceptance voted on at the Mid-Year meeting next month in San Antonio.
In actual fact, I only attended the Tehachapi B of D Mtg at the convention briefly, and only to report on attempts to obtain a "vanity" credit card for the association. After making that brief report I left the meeting and did not return. If one were to carefully read the 4th Qtr 170 News version of the B of D report, it will be evident that quite a bit of business transpired after I made the credit-card report ...and before the comment attributed to me regarding public participation in these forums. Apparently Dave Mason made a 2005 convention report and the Historian made his report, and the Webmaster made his report.....all of which would have occurred after I left the meeting. If the comment attributed to me was made at that time, then it was made long after I had left the room, and I do not know who might have made it. You may be sure that I will request the minutes be corrected regarding that error prior to their acceptance vote in February.
(My actual comments made regarding this subject were spoken six months earlier during the Mid-year meeting in New Orleans, and were reported on in the report of that meeting. I have always been in favor of public, free participation in our discussion forums. The only area I favor only members may post is in the "members only" section.)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

George I did take note of the minutes but only thought that the intent or meaning of any statement that you made as recorded did not record the meaning or intent of the message.

8O :?

Can you follow that logic?

After reading your explaination of recorded minutes verses approved minutes and what I just wrote above I KNOW we've been spending way to much time with the good FAA folks. :wink:
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

N9149A wrote:George I did take note of the minutes but only thought that the intent or meaning of any statement that you made as recorded did not record the meaning or intent of the message.

8O :?

Can you follow that logic?

After reading your explaination of recorded minutes verses approved minutes and what I just wrote above I KNOW we've been spending way to much time with the good FAA folks. :wink:
Well, Bruce,...your logic makes at least as much sense as: Whatever I said in the meeting when I wasn't there doesn't count. :lol:
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
Velvet

Post by Velvet »

Well, the buck stops here. I think what happened was that someone made reference to your earlier suggestion. Obviously, I could have worded it better! I prefer compliments, but I'll take criticism when it's deserved.

Velvet
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

Velvet, Sweetie, it's OK! We love you just the way you are!
BL
Velvet

Post by Velvet »

blueldr -- you have just made my day! Thanks!

Velvet
Bruce Fenstermacher

I'll second BLs comment fpr Velvet.

The important point is that when this was all brought to the attention of the current head volunteers (board members) level heads prevailed and what was put in motion was stopped or at least adjusted until further review could take place.

rudymantel

Post by rudymantel »

I'd like to add my 2 cents worth to the other members who see no benefit in restricting postings of non-members. They pose no harm and can often cotribute. Let's leave things as they are.
Rudy
dkalwishky

Post by dkalwishky »

rudymantel wrote:I'd like to add my 2 cents worth to the other members who see no benefit in restricting postings of non-members. They pose no harm and can often cotribute. Let's leave things as they are.
Rudy
I agree. I am a 172 owner but am also a paying member of this organization. I decided to join based on several things.

As a member of the Cessna owners Organization, George used to go over there and give advice. During a PM session with him he mentioned this site so I came over and looked. I liked what I saw and the responses I received to questions. Alot of things that effect you can also effect me with these older planes. Three things sealed my decision to join. George and his knowledge, the other good folks here and the fact I could use the forums before joining, sort of a try before you buy.

I am also a member of the Cessna Pilots Association, it took me two years to join. Since I couldn't read the forums I did not know how worthwile they would be. After talking to some people at Oshkosh 2004 I decided to join.

Dave
Bruce Fenstermacher

As far as I know there is not going to be any changes to the forum as we know it today other than enhancements for TIC170A members in the future.

There is no new movement to change things.

This thread came to the for-front because George felt he had to point out that the freshly published and distributed minutes of a TIC170A meeting long past were inaccurate in regards to comments attributed to him.

I'm sure that this subject will be discussed at the upcoming San Antonio meeting in February but I expect no further forum changes for non TIC170A members.
Last edited by Bruce Fenstermacher on Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Dave, the advice you got over at the COO was worth every bit what you paid for it. :wink:
(And being an unpaid volunteer here,....it's worth about the same.) :lol:

On a more serious note, ...there is no movement to change the format of these forums. We're happy that both TIC170A members and non-members participate in the discussion forums. (However, if you wish to participate in the FREE classified listings in the Flypaper and in these forums TradeMart....then you should join TIC170A. The price of membership is less than the price of a typical single advertisement, and yet multiple listings are FREE to members, as are numerous downloadable documetation.)
Karl

Post by Karl »

Its all about the plane, YEAH BABY! karl m.
webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Karl wrote:Its all about the plane, YEAH BABY! karl m.
...and keeping em flying, which is what the TIC170A (and associated dues) is all about.

Dale
Secretary/Treasurer/Webmaster, TIC170A
Karl

Post by Karl »

dont get me wrong, I was'nt a member until I asked questions and you folks responded kindly without coming off sounding like a bunch of stuffy standard turn rate types.(well most of you.) I liked the group first, then I joined. people come to this site becuase of a common interest, not a good lookin web home page. THERES A LOTTA LOVE IN THIS ROOM. karl m.