170 Ski Flying

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

funseventy

170 Ski Flying

Post by funseventy »

http://www.c170.com/gallery/album04

Yesterday I had the privilege of a lot of sunshine, a little snow, and a crew of excited passengers to be showing up on the same day. I thought I would forward the link to the pictures for all to enjoy. There was very little snow down low and there was plenty of fog around so the top of the mountain seemed like the only reasonable place to go. The bad news was that I forgot to grab the snowskate or the snow board for the boys to enjoy. Sounds like we will need to make another trip.
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

Those pics look awesome, Kelly. Forgot to tell ya, I met one of your airport neighbors a while back, he & his wife were sniffing around about hangars at Port Townsend. Can't recall their names but he owns a Bird Dog.

Eric
funseventy

Post by funseventy »

Eric,

That was Warren; he has the hangar right next door to me. He told me about meeting you there.

I was able to sneak out for an outing or two last sunday but other than that we haven't had any snow to speak of. I'm hoping that changes today or tomorrow.

Talk to ya later,
Kelly
funseventy

Post by funseventy »

I flew to work on skis today!
Happy New Year!
ak2711c

Post by ak2711c »

Gives me the itch to do some ski flying. I think I'll put mine on on monday.
Shawn
BloomerJohn

Post by BloomerJohn »

I know it's a long way, but if you get started today...
The 7th annual Famous Daves Ski-Plane Fly in brunch is Sunday, Jan 16 on Big Round Lake (8Mi E of Hayward Wisconsin). Last year (17 BELOW 0) we had 37 planes. Ice is plowed so skis are not really needed.

See info at http://www.grandpines.com