where did I see that pic???

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Karl

where did I see that pic???

Post by Karl »

I was buzzing around the internet and saw a picture of a Cessna (c-170?) taking off from what looked like the old town of Marcus, WA.

Does this ring any bells? Where might I find this picture again?

Karl
2929D
Duvall, WA
C170BDan

Old Town takeoff

Post by C170BDan »

Could it possibly be some pictures taken from the TV show Walker Texas Ranger? They flew a 180hp 170 in and out of a main street somewhere up there for one of their shows. I know the pilot that flew the stunt. Could that be it?
Dan
1956 170B N3467D
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

The Q2/97 170 News has a story by member Neil Salmi who flew his 180hp 170B in the filming of an episode of Walker Texas Ranger. He landed and took off on Main Street in Coalville Utah -- under one set of powerlines & then above a second set! Yee-haw!!
Karl, where in Washington is Marcus? I'm in Port Townsend.

Eric
Karl

marcus wa

Post by Karl »

the picture I saw was labled, marcus wa. Its up in n.e. wa. near kettle falls. you could only faintly see the outlines of a former town streets homes and sidewalks. I think the town was displaced by the water behind grand coulee dam. I just thought it would be cool to land there and scope it out, since others were.
C170BDan

Post by C170BDan »

Wow... sounds like an intersting location. Would like to see that picture too.

Flying around here in North Texas with all the new developments... the new streets with nothing on them look tempting to do a touch and go on!

From that Walker Texas Ranger clip... the owner didnt fly the scenes a pilot by the name of Jim Helms did. Jim was the arial coordinator for the series. Really is an amazing piece of flying... as you stated... powerlines and film cameras to miss! That episode is called "Swan Song." Wish we could get that clip digital to post on the web!
Dan
1956 170B N3467D
Forrest Walton

Post by Forrest Walton »

I did a google search and came up with a picture of a 140 taking off from Marcus, WA. at the address below.

Forrest

http://www.c170.com/gallery/album01?page=2
Living the Dream!
funseventy

Post by funseventy »

I don't know the picture that you are talking about but I have been to Marcus at low water. The picture of the 140 and the Luscombe at Marcus are mine, but I do not know of any pictures of me there. Maybe one of them got one. You go only to say you have: the conditions aren't very good.

Kelly