NEED HANGAR

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

170C

Need Hangar

Post by 170C »

Well, it appears that Ole Pokey is going to have to move East. I always heard it said, "Go West young man, go West." However since I don't qualify as a youngster I guess going East will have to do. Looks like I will be hangaring Ole Pokey at Grand Prairie Muni. (Somebody has to try to watch after Joe Harris--you know the guy that forgets tent poles!!) Seriously, Joe gave me a lot of help in locating a spot at GPM and I appreciate it. (Yea George, now there will be two slow, green & white planes close together but I'll make Joe feel good because Ole Pokey will be the slowest!) There are a bunch of good guys out there so I am going to join them soon. Its amazing how many waiting lists there are here in the metromess. Again, I think there is a golden opportunity for someone to either work a deal with one of the cities to build a bunch of hangars and rent them out or buy some land just out of one of the towns and build a bunch of hangars & fill them up. Thanks for the suggestions made at my request.
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
4583C

Post by 4583C »

Frank
Sorry to hear about the demise of Triple S. Maybe you should hanger Ole Pokey at my place. You could have the fastest plane on the field...at least till we get 4583C flying again. Paul
Harold Holiman

Post by Harold Holiman »

Frank,

Move way on over east to here in the NW Georgia/Chattanooga area. We are currently building ten new T- hangers here at 9A5. Be sure and leave George in Texas though :D

Harold
N92CP
170C

Need Hangar

Post by 170C »

Harold, I probably couldn't afford hangars in your area. I might need George to come along to help maintain Ole Pokey!!

Saw George over the weekend at Dave Mason's flyin @ Reklaw. He actually arrived there before dark on Friday. We all figured he must have been ill!!!!!!!!!

Frank
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
GAHorn

Re: Need Hangar

Post by GAHorn »

170C wrote:Harold, I probably couldn't afford hangars in your area. I might need George to come along to help maintain Ole Pokey!!

Saw George over the weekend at Dave Mason's flyin @ Reklaw. He actually arrived there before dark on Friday. We all figured he must have been ill!!!!!!!!!

Frank
At the risk of supplying Joe with needless material.....
Actually Jamie took the entire day off from school so we could get a head start....and we STILL barely arrived before dark!!!
Dave Mason came up to help park us thinking, "OH! Here's another red/polished 170. I guess George will be pleased when he arrives later (after dark) and sees another one similar to his already here. OH! WAIT! WHAT AM I SEEING? THAT IS GEORGE! BEFORE DARK EVEN!!"
(Dave fold me all about his thoughts as he greeted Jamie and I.)
Of course, if the whole story were told, it'd include the fact that we couldn't get airborne until I fixed a gascolator leak I'd created earlier. Before the flgght I decided I'd clean my gascolator screen and forgot I didn't have any spare gaskets. Of course the old ones tore, and NAPA didn't have the correct tractor size.
Fortunately I remembered I had some red-silicone cowl chafe-seal, so I made gaskets out of that. We finally got airborne around 5PM with a sunset of 6:40 PM on a two-hour flight. We landed while it was just barely legal without nav lights being on. :roll:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)