Mount Rushmore

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Kyle Wolfe

Mount Rushmore

Post by Kyle Wolfe »

Had to go to a wedding last weekend in Rapid City South Dakota. (Reminds me of the old joke - "You know the difference between a wedding and a funeral? You can smell the flowers at the wedding!" :twisted: )

So anyway, the obvious way to get there was to fly. Becky and I got up early on Saturday morning. Had a great flight to Rapid with severe high pressure system. On Sunday we asked Elsworth AirForce base for vectors to fly past Mount Rushmore. The controllers were great and we had a very enjoyable time viewing this wonder from the air.

From there we went east over the Badlands of South Dakota. Very pretty fall trip.

If you ever get the chance and are in that area make certain you see these wonders.

And last night I went out with Becky as she practiced landings, then flew over some of our brilliant fall tree colors. While I'm often envious of all you guys living down south once our snow and cold weather arrive, right now is the prettiest time around here to see things from the air. Get out there and fly!
Kyle
54 B N1932C
57 BMW Isetta
Best original 170B - Dearborn, MI 2005
170C

Flying

Post by 170C »

Kyle, sounds like you and Becky had a couple of great trips/flights. I agree that when the leaves are turning, anywhere, it is really beautiful. This is one of the best times of the year to fly, not too hot or cold, usually not windy and the countryside is beautiful. Keep Becky practicing, then you can take a nap while she aviates!!

Happy & Safe Flying!
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
AR Dave

Mt Rushmore

Post by AR Dave »