Any pics of Javelin tank as installed?

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

TFA170

Any pics of Javelin tank as installed?

Post by TFA170 »

I've got a complete Javelin kit and I've not put it in yet. I'm curious to see pics of it installed in an actual plane. Most of the pics I've found online are of the tank itself (usually accompanying a for sale ad). I've downloaded all the PDF and install drawings (they're terrible quality) and have the AFM supplement and all info to do this install should I choose to. But I'd really like to see a few pics of the tank as installed in some actual planes...

TIA
TFA170

Re: Any pics of Javelin tank as installed?

Post by TFA170 »

Nobody has a Javelin tank installed?
n2582d

Post by n2582d »

Years ago I wrote the following: “In reviewing the posts about Javelin tanks it is apparent that quite a few members have them installed. Dairydr, Zreyn, Azpilot, Cfzxo, Jaime72, jon s. blocker, jatkins, sloPoke, to name a few have Javelin tanks. As a picture is worth a thousand words, any of you guys have some DETAILED pictures of how your Javelin tank is installed?”. Never received a response to my request. Probably have better luck sending a PM or email to these guys directly. Alternatively, ask these guys selling their 170B’s with Javelin tanks on Barnstormers for pictures.
Gary
TFA170

Post by TFA170 »

n2582d wrote:Years ago I wrote the following: “In reviewing the posts about Javelin tanks it is apparent that quite a few members have them installed. Dairydr, Zreyn, Azpilot, Cfzxo, Jaime72, jon s. blocker, jatkins, sloPoke, to name a few have Javelin tanks. As a picture is worth a thousand words, any of you guys have some DETAILED pictures of how your Javelin tank is installed?”. Never received a response to my request. Probably have better luck sending a PM or email to these guys directly. Alternatively, ask these guys selling their 170B’s with Javelin tanks on Barnstormers for pictures.
It was a good idea, Gary, but only one of those guys replied and said he had a cover over it and it would require disassembling his interior to get pics. Worth a try.

Anyone willing to take pics of their Javelin installation and post them up? Might be something for the tech/maint archives - the instructions leave a little too much to the imagination. I guess I could just set it in there and see where things line up...but would like to see what others have and how it's in there.