Photo display / browser problems

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Bruce Fenstermacher

Photo display / browser problems

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Clipped from another thread..
Bruce F.
Regarding photos on messages--- Your picture of boys and their toys also impinges an inch and a half into the message below yours.

BL, what browser are you using? What are the options you have set found under your profile?

Does anybody else have this problem of photos blocking the messages below them?
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

The picture of '98C on my 17" screen is about half the size of a postcard. I wanted to make it smaller (more about the size of Bruce F's picture), but I don't have a link to a smaller version.

Until someone can figure out what is going on, I'll remove the picture. It's not worthwhile if it is blocking messages for even one person.

Miles
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Miles the size or your photo was about the size of a post card on my 19' monitor set at 1280 x 1024.

The size of any thing on a monitor is determined by several things but in the raw with regard to no software interference the size of a picture or type(font) is determined by the physical size of the photo in pixels and the resolution setting of the monitor you are viewing it on.

I'll guess your 17" monitor is set at 1024 x 768 or 1152 x 870. If the monitor is capable try setting the monitor to 800 x 600. You'll see that everything on the monitor get physically bigger.

The size of my signature photo is 180 x114 pixels at a resolution of 72. You can change the resolution off a photo with better photo editing programs like PhotoShop.

The resolution (size) of your photo or mine has no bearing on this problem BL is having with the way his software is displaying the photo. If all software settings are correct and one is using somewhat current software i.e. their browser, any photo regardless of it's size should be inserted and the text of that message and any other message automatically displayed below it in full view.

I think BLs experiance is an anomaly not the rule. That is why I posted this message. Maybe someone else had the problem and found the fix.

It was nice of you to remove your photo but that is not the answer. Photos I think are a valuble asset to this forum. I'd like to see it more readily available, i.e. easier so use, for everybody.

I'm not implying my signature photo folly has any great value but those of parts and maintenance issues as well as 170 gatherings do.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com