170 Cover Airplane and Feature Article

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Harold Holiman

170 Cover Airplane and Feature Article

Post by Harold Holiman »

I received my July/August issue of "Water Flying" today and the cover picture is a 170B on floats. The main feature article in this issue is titled "Cessna 170 Economy Seaplane". It is an excellent well written article. Anyone interested in seaplanes will definitely enjoy it. The featured airplane, N2526D, is owned by Michael Vivion who shows to be a IC170A member in the 01 directory (I can't find my current directory at the moment).

Harold
N92CP
Last edited by Harold Holiman on Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N8293A

Post by N8293A »

Mike Vivion lives in Fairbanks and flies for the Forest Service I believe. In 1998 I had the pleasure of meeting Mike on a trip to Fairbanks to pick up my '53 C170B. Mike was recomended to my partner and I by the local pilots to help us get acclimated to our new, (new to us), aircraft before we flew it back to the Chicago area. Mike is one of the nicest, most knowledgable, pilots I've ever met. He has also written stories for AOPA Pilot magazine, one just a few months back told the story of how they fly ski equiped aircraft to track and tag bear during the Alaska winters. If I remember correctly his airplane was on floats when we were there. Another of the truly nice people you meet while aviating.

Steve