Air Chart Systems

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Gary

Air Chart Systems

Post by Gary »

We are flying xcountry from VA to Colorado in July and then on to Oshkosh this year. Has any one on the forum used Air Chart Systems VFR sectional Atlases? It looks great to have a bound atlas with pages to turn and no folding. The fact that they are good for a year with the online updates seems like a money saver and legal for ramp checks too. I would only buy the east coast as that is where we do most of our flying and then buy sectionals for just the trip west of mid Kansas as they would be a one time use only anyway. Any members used this system, and any imput or thoughts? Thanks, GARY 54B N1909C
Last edited by Gary on Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

Anyone need seationals or WACs?
Try Fallon Airmotive at 1-800-247-5506. Substantial discount and post paid by priority mail. Excellent service!
BL
colinsmith

Post by colinsmith »

I highly recommend the Air Chart system. The VFR chart atlases are better than the folding charts in every way, but especially price. I'll never go back. I use both the VFR and IFR Air Chart System Atlases and Air Chart approach plates. I love the atlases! Compared to fumbling with folding charts they are a joy to use. The update system is sensible, giving you cumulative update notes for all charts. I only update my state (CA), unless I'm going on a long cross country, when I check everything along the route. This is usually pretty painless. For IFR, I used to have a Jeppesen subscription. Now, with Air Charts I save hundreds of dollars and have a much better-organized cockpit. For IFR work, I generally buy the one NACO volume that I use most often every time a new one comes out, but for cross-country I use the Air Chart NACO approach plates along with the update notes.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Thank you for the input. I ordered the Eastern addition yesterday and am looking forward to using the charts on our trip west. GARY