What price is speed?

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Harold, perhaps your angle of attack (in slow flight) added instrument position error to your pitot input. The fact that both 170's indicated slightly more than yours implies either that, or perhaps that your airspeed indicator is reading slightly low.
The hotel at Fredricksburg is brand new. I don't recall it having a vintage look. The terminal bldg in Marshall Texas looks straight out of a Humphrey Bogart movie set, complete with Terrazzo floors, chrome/vinyl chairs/tables and glass-block construction under Art Deco aluminum and a passenger observation deck on the rooftop. I keep expecting a Boeing 247, Fokker Tri-motor, or DC-2 to come taxying up with white, starched headrests on the seats and unload men wearing Fedoras and women in dresses, hats, high-heels and nylon seams up the backs of their legs. :P
Regards
George
Last edited by GAHorn on Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
4-Shipp

Post by 4-Shipp »

Ah, if we could only go faster... I wasn't the slowest guy at the ariport until the UPF 7 left. Then the Champ showed up so I was number two (from the bottom) again :wink:

If my 170 was only 50 kts faster and carrried another 300 pounds, its only problems would be it was too slow and didn't carry enough :D
Bruce Shipp
former owners of N49CP, '53 C170B
ohanley

Post by ohanley »

"Speed is inversely proportional fun"
ohanley
N5756C
C170BDan

price of speed

Post by C170BDan »

ohanley wrote:"Speed is inversely proportional fun"
I thought is was when the more noise we make the more fun we are having!? Seeing a Cub or a 170 to a flyby is fun... but it is way more fun to see a Corsair flyby. Corsair = more noise!

Also... a friend of mine always said...

"It boils down to two things that make flight possible... money and airspeed... with enough money... a brick will fly!"
Dan
1956 170B N3467D