The Cessna 170 in Hollywood

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

C170BDan

Walker Flying

Post by C170BDan »

A friend of mine that I work with is Jim Helms who was the arial coordinator for WALKER. Jim did the 170 flying for that episode and I have seen that shot many times where he plays the bad guy and lands on the street in front of the bank to pick up the robbers. That is really him in the shots with the goofy hat and cigar! Getting out was pretty bad. Power lines and cameras were just a few of the challenges! I can pass on any questions to him about flying the 170 for WALKER.
Dan
1956 170B N3467D
hsjrev

Post by hsjrev »

I just saw that episode on USA network this afternoon. Pretty fancy flying!
It's in the first 5 minutes of the episode called "Swan Song."
N73087

Post by N73087 »

I just bought the 51 170A that was "featured" in the movie Rough Magic. Look for a five secnd scene about 45 minutes into the film. The rest of the movie is a waste of time.
JDH

Post by JDH »

A while back, I saw a movie with a 170 in it. I believe it was Hitchiker 2. The woman in the movie goes after a bad guy in a truck, playing chicken (face to face). Funny, cause on one of the view, you see a radial engine, but the rest of the time, you see a beautiful 170 being destroyed and in pieces. JD
JDH

Post by JDH »

A movie came out on video-DVD this past Tuesday.
It is called Rundown starring "The Rock". To get to the jungle in Brazil, he is flown in by a funny character in a C170B; looks like a '52.
Lots of action and funny scenes. We get to see the bird a few times and the flight over the jungle and the approach is pretty neat; reminds me of a guy I know who buzzes the ice fishermen that set up in front of his house... :wink: JD
BloomerJohn

Post by BloomerJohn »

The 'Rock' who goes to South America to retrieve a rich mans son... An old beat up 170 used by local outfitter to run supplies and people around the area. Sorry I can't think of the name of the movie at this time.
John