$100 Hamburger NORTHWEST (WA,OR,ID,WY,MT)

A place to list good $100 Hamburger locations as well as discussion on any interesting place you can fly your 170.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

T. C. Downey

Re: $100 Hamburger NORTHWEST (WA,OR,ID,WY,MT)

Post by T. C. Downey »

ORS and FRH both short walks to town, many good places to eat. BVS has good eats on the field too.
48RagwingPilot

Post by 48RagwingPilot »

Hub's Pie on the Fly, Tacoma Narrows Airport (KTIW). It has only been open a few months but is already a big hit. Owned by the Harmon Brewery folks, who really know what they're doing.
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

IMHO ( as the internet lingo says) it would be nice if the name of the airport was used along with the identifier when posting. It''s kind of awkward to have find the book and look up an identifier to find out what a member is talking about, particularly if the location is other than relatively local.

"48 ragwing" directly above this post has the right idea. Tom Downeys post leaves me wondering what he is talking about until I can find the book, If I even want to.
BL
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

BL you don't have to find the book. It is right here on the internet to be bookmarked: http://www.airnav.com/airports/
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

Thanks for the link, Bruce. That's a lot more convienent.
BL
Sandy170

Post by Sandy170 »

Has anyone flown to the San Juan Islands northwest of Seattle? Looks like a great fly-in destination. Friday Harbor has a listing on funplacestofly.com. Just wondering if any 170s have visited.
daedaluscan

Post by daedaluscan »

I flew into Friday Harbour to look at the 170 I ended up buying as the PO was kind enough to bring it there. Neat spot, walk to a cute town with lots of eating options and good ice cream.
Charlie

1956 170B C-GDRG #27019
Larry Holtz

Post by Larry Holtz »

The San Juan Islands are a great place to visit for the scenery and the airports close to good shops and eateries. Friday Harbor, Roche Harbor(small landing fee) and Orcus Island airports are only a short walk to town. Lopaz Island has a golf course next to the airport, but it is about 4 miles to the village. Its a nice bike ride if your so inclined. As Tom mentioned, Skaget has a very nice resturant on the airport.
Another good destination is Point Roberts, right on the Canadian border west of Bellingham. Short walk into town and great views of the bay. Enjoy!

Larry
fishdoc

Post by fishdoc »

At the bottom of the ramp on the main dock at Friday Harbor the seafood shop will cook fresh crab for you and also has lots of other goodies.
You can rent sea kayaks nearby to paddle around the harbor or to surrounding islands as the waters are fairly protected from wind and waves.
1952 170B (with the sexy rounded tail)
IP076

Post by IP076 »

Bonners Ferry, ID (65S), take the crew car into town to Mugsy's...best burger I've found in a long time.
redacted

Post by redacted »

KESW, Easton State. It’s on the east side of Stampede Pass in the Cascades, right on I-90. 2000’ grass strip with lights. Half mile walk to a little local burger joint. Great scenery and stampede and snoqualmie passes are close.
Nathaniel Perlman
1952 170B
N2282D S/N 20434
Wyoming1

Post by Wyoming1 »

Didn't scroll through all the comments, but if it hasn't been listed, KDIJ (Driggs, Idaho) has a fantastic restaurant open from Memorial day through Labor day. You can literally sit next to the taxiway and a short distance from the runway in their outdoor dining area for a remarkable lunch. Great food and service, tremendous views of the Tetons.