ADS-B, Bobble FL 302, GA

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

MoonlightVFR

ADS-B, Bobble FL 302, GA

Post by MoonlightVFR »

Here we go

GA pilots concerned about cost of ADS-B mandate. We are observant. Do we really have to do this?

A new name is getting quiet attention today. AIREON , McLean, VA 22102

They captured data transmitted from Ethiopian FL 302. I am just guessing that it was simple ACARS.
AERION detected a "bobble" and gave "just raw data" to FAA. AERION's not ready for publicity.
Space based. Track any airplane any where on the planet.

That data set off a wave in FAA.

Mr T simply stated " I am grounding the Boeing 737 MAX 8."
What about bobble head Dolls. Would you buy one?
gradyb, '54 B N2890C
MoonlightVFR

Re: ADS-B, Bobble FL 302, GA

Post by MoonlightVFR »

Officials have listened to Cockpit Recorder of Fl 610

Conversation was about "airspeed and altitude" Not realize apparent of powerful influence of runaway Trim jackscrew". Three sources anonymous

First officer was scouring the QRH . Scouring Handbooks for a solution that he had never been trained.

Have we become paper complacent? Need electronic and just a little paper documentation.

Still early.
gradyb, '54 B N2890C
GAHorn

Re: ADS-B, Bobble FL 302, GA

Post by GAHorn »

MoonlightVFR wrote:…..First officer was scouring the QRH . Scouring Handbooks for a solution that he had never been trained.

Have we become paper complacent? Need electronic and just a little paper documentation.

Still early.
Well.... the First Officer HAD A WHOLE 200 HOURS logged. Re: what I wrote in the other thread on new hires these days.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)