RAM Mount Warranty

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

170C

RAM Mount Warranty

Post by 170C »

Most everyone has either read about or owned some model of a Ram mount. The one I use constantly is the one that holds my iPad Mini for navigating. It’s a number of years old , not sure exactly . Recently I noticed the clip (with the roller) seemed to not “snap” as usual. Got to checking and discovered the two plastic “arms” that hold the roller were both cracked and about to break off. A friend reminded me that Ram products have a lifetime warranty. I didn’t think it would apply to my situation, but went online and filled out their warranty claim form, attached a photo and sent it to them. Got a quick response back and a few days later confirmation that my claim was valid and I’d be shipped a replacement. Sure enough, just got home from a Christmas trip and there is a new iPad holder! I think the area that holds the roller is the weak link in the design. If it was a solid piece rather than two slender pieces it would be much stronger. Anyway my point is Ram stands behind their products. Something not all others do. Kudos to Ram!
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
lowNslow

Re: RAM Mount Warranty

Post by lowNslow »

That's the first I've heard of the lifetime warranty, thanks for the heads up Frank.
Karl
'53 170B N3158B SN:25400
ASW-20BL